Resilience in the face of adversity

supercity88

Manchester City eh? What are we like? Do it the easy way? No chance!

This season has been a bit like several others we have known - tough. We've lost games we should have won, and have slipped up and are now chasing the league leaders. In Europe we have also struggled to build on last season's performance.

This isn't one of those "let's remember where we have come from" threads (it is a little bit). This isn't about how no matter what we are doing better than we used to. Remember when we used to struggle to get 40pts? York away when 200,000 turned up? No trophy for 34 years. It's about the mindset of us fans. Have the team decided to inherit our inability to ever give up?

We have had good days and bad days over the years but our love for this club doesn't wane. I found myself at times last season on the brink of going nuts. I thought we would win the league when we lost at Anfield and I thought we wouldn't when we had won and they slipped up. When it's in our own hands it's too easy, let's do things the hard way!

This is a thread to say despite how things have started this season we are still going to fight for the league. Despite how we've started in Europe we are still going to qualify for the knockouts and despite Yaya having a wobble in the summer and starting the season inconsistently, we are going to stick our middle fingers up to those that racially abuse him, the sporting bodies that fail to support him and those that suggest his days are done and we are going to back him, back the team, back the manager and fight to retain the title and fight to qualify for the knockouts in the CL.

Now's the time we kicked on last season, let's build on that derby win - keep the noise pumped up and get the players back on track!

CTID

Agree with all that mate. We will improve this season and will fight to the end. There have been mitigating circumstance this year with the World Cup and we are still gelling new players. More importantly perhaps, if we'd have not had such rotten refereeing decisions, we would be top of the league (or close) and all but qualified for the CL knockouts. And we still haven't hit top gear...but we will.

To be honest I can handle the pundits and neutrals writing us off. That's a great motivator and par for the course. But it's a bit disheartening that a daft element of our support appear to have given up on us. Yet again.

When this squad come under the cosh, they generally deliver. They proved it yet again on Saturday and will do so again. I believe in them completely.

We have a run of fixtures coming up which can ignite this season. Get ready.

Didsbury Dave said:
Agree with all that mate. We will improve this season and will fight to the end. There have been mitigating circumstance this year with the World Cup and we are still gelling new players. More importantly perhaps, if we'd have not had such rotten refereeing decisions, we would be top of the league (or close) and all but qualified for the CL knockouts. And we still haven't hit top gear...but we will.

To be honest I can handle the pundits and neutrals writing us off. That's a great motivator and par for the course. But it's a bit disheartening that a daft element of our support appear to have given up on us. Yet again.

When this squad come under the cosh, they generally deliver. They proved it yet again on Saturday and will do so again. I believe in them completely.

I'm ready. Mario chicken-hat in hand!

sir peace frog said:
mammutly said:
Didsbury Dave said:

So, it's all going up in smoke.
maybe maybe not ,whatever happens there are going to be some fireworks :)

It's bonfire day here in NZ, fireworks ready, just need it to go dark.

I've been thinking about this, how we never do things the easy way. If we ever win champions league, the final will be the most nerve wrecking and ludicrous ever. Probably 3-3 at 90 min with hart sent off and dzeko in goal, then 95 min opposition team own goal, haha.

Didsbury Dave said:
Bluekiwi said:
sir peace frog said:
maybe maybe not ,whatever happens there are going to be some fireworks :)

What a co-incidence! It is in the UK too!

I'm more interested in why NZ have a bonfire night?

Was Guy Fawkes a closet kiwi?

IanBishopsHaircut said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Bluekiwi said:

What a co-incidence! It is in the UK too!

I'm more interested in why NZ have a bonfire night?

Was Guy Fawkes a closet kiwi?

Don't think he was a closet kiwi, but he had burnt plums.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.