Restarting after a goal...

With regards the actual decision to allow the restart, as a youth team coach myself, I would be strongly against it.

Granted I take U10s but I want to see them celebrating and expressing themselves, with any goal let alone a winner. I think it'd be wrong to potentially "punish" kids for that.

I only assume your lad is young otherwise whatever league the team may be in would have a ref hired for matches.

Thats why i always coached our team to make sure our goalie is in goal before the other ten make it back to our own half.

Technically there could be eleven players in their half laying down or having a huddle you could still restart

I’m the coach. If the league don’t appoint a ref, the home coaches have to do it.

With hindsight, I’m glad we didn’t equalise but I thought I was right at the time. They were clearly trying to waste time. There was the initial celebration and then one player started to wave others over. I think they knew what they were doing.
You are Lord Anthony Taylor of Timperley and i collect my fiver

Thats why i always coached our team to make sure our goalie is in goal before the other ten make it back to our own half.

Technically there could be eleven players in their half laying down or having a huddle you could still restart

We had this in a league decider, 1st vs 2nd, last game of the season, back when I was U15. Scrappy game, we had to win, go 1-0 up and all our team gets back in our half with the goalkeeper still 20 yards out, they score off of kick off. Luckily I bagged the winner with about 5 minutes to go but it nearly cost us.

Serves them right for fucking about and celebrating instead of closing the game out.
Unlike city against QPR

Good man Citykev!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.