Retail store Moral dilemma

Once you have completed the transaction in a retail environment there is nothing legally they can do to force you to pay more.

Had some **** come to our family home and try this home when I was aged between 11 and 15, dad had bought a second hand washing machine and according to the bloke it was sold too cheap by staff covering his holiday.

Old **** ranted about getting court involved.
Cunts trick passing a threatening message through a kid.

My Dad knew it was bollocks and didn't pay it any mind or respond. Although should have bricked his windows and bummed his wife. :)

I'd take it back get a refund and buy the same gun at RRP. Gives you peace of mind if there should turn out to be any issues with the gun in future and you need to claim under the warranty (if there is one) or get replacement parts.

I'd put in a call to trading standards about this chancer and let the community police officer know that he has come to your house uninvited and harassed you.

Unlikely to come to anything this time but marks his card for future events, and if he is this unprofessional about this there may be something else he doesn't want them to know about.

What about her cat ? I think that's OK.

As long as its not in the eye.
Now lets just hope a certain mad cat woman kaz7 does not see this very silly remark otherwise your in very big trouble matey..........................

Last edited:
To start with get a grip, it seems you have been triggered by this bloke, bite the bullet & although he has you over a barrel tell him you have scope to look at other air rifles that are in stock & you wont let him muzzle you.
(just thought I would get in first with all the puns)
Very good. I'll score that .22 for style.

Once you have completed the transaction in a retail environment there is nothing legally they can do to force you to pay more.

Had some **** come to our family home and try this home when I was aged between 11 and 15, dad had bought a second hand washing machine and according to the bloke it was sold too cheap by staff covering his holiday.

Old **** ranted about getting court involved.
Cunts trick passing a threatening message through a kid.

My Dad knew it was bollocks and didn't pay it any mind or respond. Although should have bricked his windows and bummed his wife. :)

I'd take it back get a refund and buy the same gun at RRP. Gives you peace of mind if there should turn out to be any issues with the gun in future and you need to claim under the warranty (if there is one) or get replacement parts.

I'd put in a call to trading standards about this chancer and let the community police officer know that he has come to your house uninvited and harassed you.

Unlikely to come to anything this time but marks his card for future events, and if he is this unprofessional about this there may be something else he doesn't want them to know about.

Exactly this. I’d call dibble and trading standards - and email the shop telling them to put in writing they’ve undercharged you - and also complain they visited your house and not to do it again. This way if they come back again dibble have already got an open case, coupled with the fact they’ve been instructed in writing to not visit you again will all act in your favour.

The problem is these cunts rely on folk not grassing them up. But if you do it and a couple of others have the trading standards will ultimately investigate

You contact him and say that you were mistaken, and that the contract was completed in accordance with the agreed terms, and that nothing he can say or do can change that now - the terms he offered were wholly his responsibility. The sooner he accepts that lesson, and takes more care in the future, the better.

I see this stuff everywhere these days. People are begging and scamming like it's normal life. It isn't. It's collective madness. We have a duty to stand up to it. Walk away if you get that sense during the negotiation. And once the purchase is made, you don't give in. The law is the law. Deals are deals.

The price charged was totally realistic and reasonable. He has no case.
Spot on.

A contract consists of an offer and an acceptance. You offered the £105 and he accepted it. The contract is complete, and the matter is closed.

No need for any aggro, just explain that it's unfortunate and sorry etc etc but that you will not be paying more or returning the goods.

Spot on.

A contract consists of an offer and an acceptance. You offered the £105 and he accepted it. The contract is complete, and the matter is closed.

No need for any aggro, just explain that it's unfortunate and sorry etc etc but that you will not be paying more or returning the goods.
And then shoot him...... with the air rifle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.