Retail store Moral dilemma

The fair members of off topic, please be my moral compass, bumming the owner and bricking windows not an option.

My disabled son has shown an interest in airgun target shooting, he is mobility impaired but can stand ok and I thought maybe a way to get him out of his bedroom so today i bought him an air rifle

this one .22View attachment 43422The bloke selling it had a thick Asian accent and i thought he said the price was £89, so i bought some .22 pellets and he charged me £105 filled out all the forms and gave my i.d and was on my way.

A couple of hours after the bloke knocks on my door saying he made a mistake and it should have been £205, I told him i will return to the shop tomorrow with my card and sort it out.

I thought it was a bit weird so i then googled and found the RRP above on the manufactures website...Now i then think this bloke is trying to have me over.

Do I return the rifle ask for a refund

Tell him to fuck right off he should have checked what he was charging me

do fuck all?

Remember here the bloke sells crossbows Machetes and firearms hence the caveat in the first line...I'm tempted to just ask for a refund and go to a stockist of that gun and get it at rrp
Show him the real price, ask him for a refund and that you don’t take kindly to being ripped off. You can contact your bank to see if the can reverse it, tell them you have been done up like a kipper. Give him back the gun and the pellets. He’s a conning bastard.

The fair members of off topic, please be my moral compass, bumming the owner and bricking windows not an option.

My disabled son has shown an interest in airgun target shooting, he is mobility impaired but can stand ok and I thought maybe a way to get him out of his bedroom so today i bought him an air rifle

this one .22View attachment 43422The bloke selling it had a thick Asian accent and i thought he said the price was £89, so i bought some .22 pellets and he charged me £105 filled out all the forms and gave my i.d and was on my way.

A couple of hours after the bloke knocks on my door saying he made a mistake and it should have been £205, I told him i will return to the shop tomorrow with my card and sort it out.

I thought it was a bit weird so i then googled and found the RRP above on the manufactures website...Now i then think this bloke is trying to have me over.

Do I return the rifle ask for a refund

Tell him to fuck right off he should have checked what he was charging me

do fuck all?

Remember here the bloke sells crossbows Machetes and firearms hence the caveat in the first line...I'm tempted to just ask for a refund and go to a stockist of that gun and get it at rrp

The ad is for a .177 and you say you have bought a .22?

That aside don’t pay him any more and tell him to fuck off. You paid what he asked, end of.

You contact him and say that you were mistaken, and that the contract was completed in accordance with the agreed terms, and that nothing he can say or do can change that now - the terms he offered were wholly his responsibility. The sooner he accepts that lesson, and takes more care in the future, the better.

I see this stuff everywhere these days. People are begging and scamming like it's normal life. It isn't. It's collective madness. We have a duty to stand up to it. Walk away if you get that sense during the negotiation. And once the purchase is made, you don't give in. The law is the law. Deals are deals.

The price charged was totally realistic and reasonable. He has no case.
He is still paying nearly 25% above RRP with that strategy.

How the fuck does he know where you live, and then have the balls to come round to your door?!

Personally, it feels like intimidation, and your post hints at it. Fuck him!

Tell him it’s a fair price, if not a bit over the odds, and you are satisfied everything is legal and fair.

If he persists, call the Police and let them know you’re being harassed. Being in his business, I doubt he wants Old Bill rocking up. Then again, they probably get a bung at Christmas, so…

Conversely, if you do want to take the trouble to return it, inform your card company of the situation, have them flag your account for the merchant and the refund, and ask them to call when it clears as you think it might be a scam and you want to save THEM from losing their money!

Last edited:
How the guck does he know where you live, and then gave the balls to come round to your door?!

Personally, it feels like intimidation, and your post hints at it. Fuck him!

Tell him it’s a fair price, if not a bit over the odds, and you are satisfied everything is legal and fair.

If he persists, call the Police and let them know you’re being harassed. Being in his business, I doubt he wants Old Bill rocking up. Then again, they probably get a bung at Christmas, so…

Conversely, if you do want to take the trouble to return it, inform your card company of the situation, have them flag your account for the merchant and the refund, and ask them to call when it clears as you think it might be a scam and you want to save THEM from losing their money!
you have to give i.d when buying air rifles in the UK

To start with get a grip, it seems you have been triggered by this bloke, bite the bullet & although he has you over a barrel tell him you have scope to look at other air rifles that are in stock & you wont let him muzzle you.
(just thought I would get in first with all the puns)
That made me recoil in embarrassment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.