Retired coppers rant about football fans.

I don't know what this copper is going on about, there is more trouble around McDonalds outlets than there is at football stadiums today. He probably retired because he's unfit for the job.
He might has well just have said: "I hate working as a police officer." Morons like him just give the police an even worse reputation than they already have.

A former police officer who doesn't understand why the police are used rather than just private security?

Maybe because you have powers of arrest and can use riot gear and horses.

And Private security would only end up having to hold hooligans in caged pens until the proper coppers came to take them way.

What a bitter plank.

A former police officer who doesn't understand why the police are used rather than just private security?

Maybe because you have powers of arrest and can use riot gear and horses.

And Private security would only end up having to hold hooligans in caged pens until the proper coppers came to take them way.

What a bitter plank.

He's like a fair few people who take a job that involves dealing with the public, but actually views them as stupid and beneath him. That's why he no longer does the job.

Maybe I will be in a minority mate,I don't know, but I'm more than happy with that, all I'd add though, is that that "enhancement", who does that apply to other than the fans of very few teams winning stuff, I don't think many Blues thought their lives were enhanced by football in the 90's, same with teams fighting for survival now or having a shit time of it, and I've said before, as much as football has been a major part of my life, I actually felt life was better during the pandemic when there was no football.
That’s terribly sad to read Harry.

I enjoy watching City win stuff now but no where near as much as I used to enjoy the bi-monthly 140 mile round trip to go to the football with my Dad for 20 years before we came into money. Even now those Saturdays are the highlight of my childhood. I got him to myself for 6-8 hours with no distractions.

Football isn’t all about winning, it’s about spending time with those that you love and sharing a bond through our innate tribalism.

That’s terribly sad to read Harry.

I enjoy watching City win stuff now but no where near as much as I used to enjoy the bi-monthly 140 mile round trip to go to the football with my Dad for 20 years before we came into money. Even now those Saturdays are the highlight of my childhood. I got him to myself for 6-8 hours with no distractions.

Football isn’t all about winning, it’s about spending time with those that you love and sharing a bond through our innate tribalism.
Hiya mate, why sad ?

BTW, I want to be mindful of how I phrase things because it's your Dad S, hopefully you know me enough to know it would never be my intention to be disrespectful or downplay his importance in your life mate.

You see, I would look at that and see it from a very different angle, I'd say, if anything, it was your Dads presence that enhanced the football, not the other way round, football is pretty inconsequential for me there, it could be any sport, or any thing for that matter, your Dad being present and being there for you, for good or bad is what makes it what it is ?
There are around 8 millions scientists working professionally around the world. Again, it’s the economics of supply and demand.

You’ll find the top ones get paid more than the top footballers also.
As you know, 'Scientist' is a very broad term that encompasses all sorts, from Maths to Environmental etc etc, there's tons more of them, it doesn't surprise me that 8 million figure worldwide, whereas Football is just one, so I don't think it's too fair a comparison, that's not to say each don't play a significant role, once we go into the finer detail of each one we'd see their relevance and just how important they are.

Not sure where you've got your figures from but that seems way off regarding the top scientist pay, it's a simple Google search from me granted, but in general their annual salary is less than many Premier League Footballers weekly wage, there are Scientists with celebrity status, like Richard Dawkins, showing $10m as his net worth, a quick search shows Stephen Hawking net worth of $20m, Brian Cox £6m, Lionel Messi's shows around $1 Billion, maybe I'm missing something there mate ?

I get the basic economics of supply and demand, I don't blame the footballers on an individual level, if the money's on offer, then they'd be daft not to take it, I just disagree with people who don't see the disparity when it comes to their rtue importance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.