Retired coppers rant about football fans.

I never accept the "anti high-pay argument" against top footballers. They are the best in the world in their profession. Just like world champion boxers, movie stars, Olympic athletes, etc etc. Premier League players lead an industry which creates billions of pounds globally and creates hundreds of thousands (perhaps millions) of jobs. They are the top of the tree and worth every penny they get. No one complains about how much Bruce Springsteen or Tom Hanks gets paid.
I would much sooner see the huge amounts of money go to the players than owners like the American robber barons.

That’s terribly sad to read Harry.

I enjoy watching City win stuff now but no where near as much as I used to enjoy the bi-monthly 140 mile round trip to go to the football with my Dad for 20 years before we came into money. Even now those Saturdays are the highlight of my childhood. I got him to myself for 6-8 hours with no distractions.

Football isn’t all about winning, it’s about spending time with those that you love and sharing a bond through our innate tribalism.

Amen to that. It's why I cannot understand gloryhunters, people who support United or Liverpool despite never setting foot in either place, solely because they win things.

I'll start worrying about the pay gap between footballers and health care workers when footballers are paid from public funds.
And when the population are willing to be taxed to fund rises for health care workers. Being clapped on the doorstep doesn't pay bills.

I'll start worrying about the pay gap between footballers and health care workers when footballers are paid from public funds.
And when the population are willing to be taxed to fund rises for health care workers. Being clapped on the doorstep doesn't pay bills.
Health care workers are no different from any others.
Some great,some good,most average and then quite a few who are shit.

It always amazes me when people go on about footballers' wages. There are very few people who are as good as KDB (for example), so he gets a huge wedge.

If City could get someone off the dole to play as well as KDB for minimum wage, I'm sure they would.

The only way wages will go down is if football supporters stop going/buying Sky and the sponsors find it's more advantageous to sponsor something else.

Is this a Karl Pilkington spoof ?

Agree totally with him about the financial disparity between footballers and people who save lives and/or make life changing differences to society.
Actors?
Baseball players?
Basketball players?
NFL?
Tennis Players?
Golfers?
FL Drivers?

I dare say they all earn more than a nurse.

The Premier League is a huge force for good in this country and footballers are paid based on what they make their employers. What does he want, City earning multi millions from the likes of Foden’s goals but then paying Foden £30,000 a year? Of course those in the care industry and NHS should be paid more but footballers are contributing to the NHS more than most in this country through tax.
Agree. Premier league is a global product. Probably does more for UK tourism than the Royal family and is self financing.

This bloke is a moaning Yorkshire virgin.

I imagine he did well from being paid overtime for his "football duties". Council Tax well spent.

People don't behave themselves at horse racing, fights are rife there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.