Retired coppers rant about football fans.

The “paid milions to kick pig skin about..” rant never makes sense.
no one ever moans about mick jagger earning milions for “stood singing” or tom cruise for “pretending”.

fat prick needs to shave off his remaining whisps of hair not not be so butter in life. Pro footballers pay more tax in a year than most in a lifetimes, thus helping pay for the brain surgeons

must have been tough for him doing this whilst not being paid.........what? ........he gets paid overtime to do this...... can I get a platform to complain about coppers complaining about shit please?

must have been tough for him doing this whilst not being paid.........what? ........he gets paid overtime to do this...... can I get a platform to complain about coppers complaining about shit please?
Overtime ! Does a 'brain doctor' get overtime when an emergency comes in to a&e ?
Why do coppers get paid more than nurses, so many questions.
There would be more but I turned the idiot off.

The Premier League is a huge force for good in this country and footballers are paid based on what they make their employers. What does he want, City earning multi millions from the likes of Foden’s goals but then paying Foden £30,000 a year? Of course those in the care industry and NHS should be paid more but footballers are contributing to the NHS more than most in this country through tax.

Why is it always footballers this is thrown at? They are in the entertainment industry and millions worldwide pay lots of money to watch them do their job. I rarely see this accusation made about actors and pop stars, or the new modern bane of life social influencers.

Should care workers, nurses and surgeons be paid more? Absolutely, but that's not a footballers fault. Maybe big rich companies could start sponsoring the health service, that would bring them great publicity and extra revenue as a result. The sad fact of life is nobody wants to pay to watch these people work, though judging by the amount of medical TV programmes out there you'd think they did.

As for the ex copper he can fuck off. He knew the score before he took the job but because it's fairly well paid and most can retire on a great pension usually early he joined up. What about all the scrotes he had to deal with every day and the drunks in the town centres every weekend? People working in jobs dealing with the public face similar hassle and usually on the minimum wage.

Are we grateful people do these jobs? Yes, but nobody put a gun to their head and forced them to do so.
Why ? Because in this instance mate, it's on a football forum directly related to footballers, I'd aim the same comment to those in the "entertainment business", for me, it's about people who make a valuable contribution to society and peoples lives, anybody who thinks performing a few tricks with a bag of wind comes even close, well I cannot help and we will always disagree, same with the entertainment business.

50,000 people don’t go and watch a surgeon doing their job, don’t worry about them, they have a 30 years plus career and charge the earth to Health companies for private work outside of the NHS who paid for their training in the first place.
Really mate ? You're using football having a wider audience as a reason ?
And I'm pretty aware that they do other work and they get paid good money for it, and with good reason, someone's life is nearly always in their hands.
Better get doctors and surgeons etc to start wearing advertising on their uniforms so companies can sponsor them and then they can start paying big bucks… oh and they’ll have to air all ops etc for the public to pay to be entertained… now some my buy a subscription but can’t see it really taking off.
Again, this isn't entertainment mate.

The Premier League is a huge force for good in this country and footballers are paid based on what they make their employers. What does he want, City earning multi millions from the likes of Foden’s goals but then paying Foden £30,000 a year? Of course those in the care industry and NHS should be paid more but footballers are contributing to the NHS more than most in this country through tax.
Capitalism is alive and well throughout the world and that decides what people are paid. I have no problem with someone shelling out £70 to watch Ed Sheran and when thousands do it he can buy another house for his mate to live near him in his little village.
Sheeran sells millions or records/downloads, the Premier League sell a similar product and make millions, I don't see the difference.
Did this idiot ever get around to talking g about hooligans?

These conversations always make me scratch my head. It’s economics. They get paid as much as they do because they’re in demand and they are a product that makes money for the advertisers. They do something very well, so well that they’re in the top 0.0001% of the talent pool.

Road sweepers, nurses, coppers etc make a great deal less because the vast majority of us could do that job.

Why ? Because in this instance mate, it's on a football forum directly related to footballers, I'd aim the same comment to those in the "entertainment business", for me, it's about people who make a valuable contribution to society and peoples lives, anybody who thinks performing a few tricks with a bag of wind comes even close, well I cannot help and we will always disagree, same with the entertainment business.

Really mate ? You're using football having a wider audience as a reason ?
And I'm pretty aware that they do other work and they get paid good money for it, and with good reason, someone's life is nearly always in their hands.

Again, this isn't entertainment mate.
Life is for living and there’s a lot more surgeons than elite footballers, the latter provide us with an enhancement of life whereas a surgeon enhances just one life at a time.

Life is precious but it’s not worth living if you don’t enjoy it, I’ve had surgery like most people but I appreciate Pep’s work above that, I’m happy for him to get his rewards.

You will be in the minority, do you think a Surgeon should be paid more than a baker who feeds us? It’s market forces, without that we’re getting into communism.

Life is for living and there’s a lot more surgeons than elite footballers, the latter provide us with an enhancement of life whereas a surgeon enhances just one life at a time.

Life is precious but it’s not worth living if you don’t enjoy it, I’ve had surgery like most people but I appreciate Pep’s work above that, I’m happy for him to get his rewards.

You will be in the minority, do you think a Surgeon should be paid more than a baker who feeds us? It’s market forces, without that we’re getting into communism.
Maybe I will be in a minority mate,I don't know, but I'm more than happy with that, all I'd add though, is that that "enhancement", who does that apply to other than the fans of very few teams winning stuff, I don't think many Blues thought their lives were enhanced by football in the 90's, same with teams fighting for survival now or having a shit time of it, and I've said before, as much as football has been a major part of my life, I actually felt life was better during the pandemic when there was no football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.