Retiring abroad

W W

worsleyweb

It's a few years off for me but a definate. My mission is to emigrate in my early 50s before this country is completely destroyed. I honestly am frightened what it will be like in 30 years.

Where would you retire to?

France, Greece, Spain, Italy??

Has anyone actually done it on here.

I'm sure there would be plenty on here willing to contribute towards getting you to a far flung(internetless.....)destination much sooner.......

worsleyweb said:
It's a few years off for me but a definate. My mission is to emigrate in my early 50s before this country is completely destroyed. I honestly am frightened what it will be like in 30 years.

A lot of the shit I think you're referring to is a (largely) urban phonomenon. Why not retire to a nice quiet part of the UK instead?

Always I thought I would but don't think I could now. Could happily spend months in Spain but not sure I could do it permanently now.

The main thing you need to consider is health cover. I know a couple of people who moved to Spain but ended up coming back when they got seriously I'll.

FantasyIreland said:
I'm sure there would be plenty on here willing to contribute towards getting you to a far flung(internetless.....)destination much sooner.......

Fanny island - please don't post about me you fuckwit. I am bored of it.

sir baconface said:
worsleyweb said:

A lot of the shit I think you're referring to is a (largely) urban phonomenon. Why not retire to a nice quiet part of the UK instead?

Yes you may be correct there. But I find the winters tough over here. I love the lakes and Wales and spend as much time there as possible. I just live the food and culture of Greece and think I could live there.<br /><br />-- Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:27 pm --<br /><br />
oakiecokie said:
Without doubt we would move to Menorca tomorrow.However,unless my 6 lottery numbers turn up,I`m afraid me and the missus will be stuck in Mid Cheshire for the forseeable future.

Worst places to be.

Greece as an economy if knackered, France is better off but they screw you to the ground for taxes,Spain is knackered,corrupt,inefficient and far too bureaucratic for it's own good,I would imagine southern Italy is much the Same. Great weather though and cheap booze and baccy and if you have a decent pension or an income stream,go for it.
I've lived here in Cataloonya for nearly seven years and cant wait to move to Wales,never thought I'd hear myself say that....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.