Retiring abroad

You know, I thought I'd read he wanted to go abroad in the past lol

I think he just makes it all up as he goes along :)

I started this thread 8 years ago? People can change their mind over 8 years. That ok with you? ALF??? Also have 3 kids who I have stayed very close to so things change. I will probably buy somewhere for the Mrs to go to in the next year or two as I can’t be doing with hotels as much these days.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve never understood the impulse to voluntarily leave your family, friends and home behind for some Shangri-La in the sun.

I cringe looking at couples on these house-hunting programmes debating the merits of a walk on the beach in the morning, or being close to their grandchildren.

No matter how beautiful the environment you live in, surely being close to your loved ones is a source of much greater happiness and fulfilment!

I usually couldn’t agree more but it’s been raining all day.....

I’ve never understood the impulse to voluntarily leave your family, friends and home behind for some Shangri-La in the sun.

I cringe looking at couples on these house-hunting programmes debating the merits of a walk on the beach in the morning, or being close to their grandchildren.

No matter how beautiful the environment you live in, surely being close to your loved ones is a source of much greater happiness and fulfilment!
Where my friend has an apartment I've seen plenty who've bought to live the retirement dream, but the village is tiny and it's sent the majority stir crazy
I understand why a more mature person would want to spend time 8n a warmer climate, but they have to choose well
July and August on the Costa Blanca is great for a couple of weeks holiday, but to try and live in 90+° heat isn't pleasant

No chance of retirement there unless you have pots of money. If I remember correctly you need £500k to invest, then another £250k in your bank and the have an income of £30k+. They no longer allow you to join relations.
Disappointing to know, was hoping one of my sons would take the plunge and provide a home for me. Might have to settle for holidays, if they do ever go over there

I could handle three weeks to a month if the digs were sweet but then I am pining for the goodness of home. The best long stay digs we have ever used are called Diamond Resorts but not as timeshare.

Pay on the day and they are beyond quality. You get the same standard of civility and service but at a fraction of the price. They always greet us in the same way by saying "Welcome Home Sir"

The only country in the world with proper weather is the UK and how precious are our Four Seasons.
I can feel a tune coming on..can you?

Spring time and the first movement:

Last edited:
Huge problem on the Costa Blanca with illegals, lots of burglaries and general crime. Hotels ok but my mate who is in Villamartin is not happy, he's a rag though so fuck him:-).
I'm on the Costa Blanca about 10 mins from Villa Martin and either your mate is lying or he's been very unlucky.
There's no more crime here than anywhere else and the illegals situation is soon going to be partly sorted thanks to Brexit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.