Retiring the Number 8 shirt?

Blue Maverick

After watching the football focus and all the things that have gone on this week since Colin's passing I wonder if it would be a fitting to retire the shirt in his honour at the end of the season. I know we did it with 23 for Vivien Foe however I feel this would be a lasting tribute to such a man. I don’t want to think this would turn into a thing every time someone passes in the future, however I know they do this in basketball with certain players and I certainly don’t want it turn into that, I just think in this case it would be class by the club and would really show what he meant to this club.

After watching the football focus and all the things that have gone on this week since Colin's passing I wonder if it would be a fitting to retire the shirt in his honour at the end of the season. I know we did it with 23 for Vivien Foe however I feel this would be a lasting tribute to such a man. I don’t want to think this would turn into a thing every time someone passes in the future, however I know they do this in basketball with certain players and I certainly don’t want it turn into that, I just think in this case it would be class by the club and would really show what he meant to this club.
No, we aren't American.

I really don’t like the idea of retiring shirt numbers. Should we have retired number 1 for Bert? Number 10 when Goater retired? Number 21 in the summer? Number 16 when Agüero leaves?

Clubs could get into a situation where they would be justifying one legend over another because they’re running out of numbers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.