Retiring the Number 8 shirt?

I know benfica did it for Miklós feher but he actually died. On the pitch which I thought was a really good idea but like as been said a stand being named is fitting and what happens when in the end every legend passed away we’d have no numbers

As long as new players understand the history of the club they’re joining. No
Give them something to aspire to

Retiring the number leaves a whole host of future players who all want to be in that famous number 8 an option gone. Bell has a wonderful stand. We all have a bit of Bell in our veins too. He'll never be forgotten

i said this on the "should we retire the 21 shirt"

the number 21 should of become iconic, a shirt that is given to someone who has earnt that shirt , david silva has turned that number iconic for the work he did for Manchester City.

same should be said for the number 8, playing for Manchester City should be an honour , playing in the 21 or 8 should be the pinnacle of their city careers

next season i would like to see kev in the 8 shirt, and the 21 empty.

Last edited:
I know benfica did it for Miklós feher but he actually died. On the pitch which I thought was a really good idea but like as been said a stand being named is fitting and what happens when in the end every legend passed away we’d have no numbers
The Feher video still haunts me whenever I watch it. He's fine one minute, then keels over, and his life is taken from him.

I'm not really a fan of retiring shirt numbers myself. I think it's more fitting to Colin Bell's legacy to give the number 8 to great players who play for City in the future.

RIP to Feher, Colin and all of those who are no longer with us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.