Retro Game Lovers....

Aphex

I've been trying to find a decent way to play the old SNES/Megadrive MAME and Even PSX games in a practical way for a while, and on the cheap. Just bought this for £50 from Ebuyer

[bigimg]http://i57.tinypic.com/2a7gdgl.jpg[/bigimg]

A bargain in my opinion.. Even football manager on the SNES with the star ratings instead of number stats!

It's also a detachable tablet with nippy speeds for browsing, YouTube etc.

If I bought something like that I would have gone with the JXD s7800b or the Retron 5. Twice the cost mind.

Coljj said:
If I bought something like that I would have gone with the JXD s7800b or the Retron 5. Twice the cost mind.

Yeah, was looking at the newer model which is 150 quid dearer. But if you simply want retro, it's perfect. PSX runs perfectly

Aphex said:
I've been trying to find a decent way to play the old SNES/Megadrive MAME and Even PSX games in a practical way for a while, and on the cheap. Just bought this for £50 from Ebuyer

A bargain in my opinion.. Even football manager on the SNES with the star ratings instead of number stats!

Looks good, what's it called are all the games built in?

Stortz said:
Aphex said:

Wiki pad mate. There are no games built in but they are all freely available via Rom sites (ie Coolrom) the emulators are free via Play Store.

Why not just emulate on PC or even a low spec laptop?

I'm currently playing through Banjo Tooie and Majora's Mask using a 360 pad and it's great.

If you want portable you can get a PSP Go which can emulate reasonably well. You can also connect the PSP Go to your TV using a TV out cable. It's got Bluetooth so you can connect a DualShock 3 and essentially use it as a home console.

Aphex said:
Stortz said:
Aphex said:

Wiki pad mate. There are no games built in but they are all freely available via Rom sites (ie Coolrom) the emulators are free via Play Store.
nice one, love me retro gaming think il get one

@BluePhil8 said:

I'm currently playing through Banjo Tooie and Majora's Mask using a 360 pad and it's great.

If you want portable you can get a PSP Go which can emulate reasonably well. You can also connect the PSP Go to your TV using a TV out cable. It's got Bluetooth so you can connect a DualShock 3 and essentially use it as a home console.

I used to use my laptop but this offers instant gratification:) do PSP emulate PSX? Also remember this is a fully functioning tablet.

@BluePhil8 said:

Any tips on button assignment?

Got a 360 pad and a bunch of N64 ROMs but can never get the buttons to feel logically arranged

Damocles said:
@BluePhil8 said:

Any tips on button assignment?

Got a 360 pad and a bunch of N64 ROMs but can never get the buttons to feel logically arranged

This has a button mapper you assign over the physical controls. Works well. Even on goldeneye

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.