Return of Supporters

I'm as far from a conspiracy theorist as you can get, but I can certainly see football fans - in particular away fans - being subject to more controls and the pandemic being used as an excuse for that. We (football fans) are already subjected to certain laws that would deemed utterly draconian for any other group of people and there was a groundswell to get some of those relaxed before Covid hit, but now there's a danger it could go the other way even when normality returns to all other walks of life.
I'm sure we will, but I don't think the club particularly want the fan base to be any different to what we had pre covid. Think any rules will be government or game wide impossitions. As an example I think if the authorities allowed standing,or drinking in seats City would be the first in line in allowing both.

So why are they installing rail seating.To be honest not sure I want snarling drunken young men singing aggressive songs. Just standing fans singing is fine by me.
Obviously there's no excuse for some of the behaviour you get at matches but the ever-increasing sanitisation of the game has sucked a lot of the enjoyment out of it for some people. If it was up to the police and the footballing authorities, we'd all be travelling directly to and from games in "Covid-secure" transport forever more. And damn you if you pass go and dare go for a pint anywhere en route!

I'm sure we will, but I don't think the club particularly want the fan base to be any different to what we had pre covid. Think any rules will be government or game wide impossitions. As an example I think if the authorities allowed standing,or drinking in seats City would be the first in line in allowing both.
Yeah, I'm not talking specifically City here - just the authorities in general

I'd qualify comfortably but no intention of going. Actually thought it would be free given its a test event. Can't believe 4000 living in Brent with no affinity to the clubs are paying £50 for a ticket so would assume its only the fans getting stung.
Not much less than you'd pay for a league cup final ticket in normal times so deffo not paying that to sit in a 9/10 empty stadium and be made to jump through hoops

So why are they installing rail seating.To be honest not sure I want snarling drunken young men singing aggressive songs. Just standing fans singing is fine by me.

nothing wrong with a little bit of aggression at the football.

if the songs are the way fans can get behind the team, dig the rivals a little bit, meanwhile everything is done safely, no violence and the songs aren't distastful (mocking death/race) then why not

They describe this as a test event, which implies they are testing it as the model going forward. In that case football as a spectator sport is done. Are they seriously thinking people have the time, energy etc. to do this sort of nonsense week in and week out. Good luck to anybody willing to go through it, I’m one easily qualified in points terms who won’t be.

I’m exaggerating to make my point but many supporters who lament the loss of the passionate atmospheres of yesteryear put the blame on the way the football authorities have insidiously sought to regulate the fun out of football.
If a season without fans has taught us anything it’s that football without passion is no fun at all.

I’m exaggerating to make my point but many supporters who lament the loss of the passionate atmospheres of yesteryear put the blame on the way the football authorities have insidiously sought to regulate the fun out of football.
If a season without fans has taught us anything it’s that football without passion is no fun at all.
Yes it has taught us if we needed it, and I expect it's also taught the clubs and players too, and thirdly taught the TV companies.. Which is why I have no worries about new needless rules being imposed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.