Return of Supporters

we went 1 st class for the carabao last year march 2020, ( sunday ) it was cheaper when i booked it on line than 2nd class ( work that one out )

we got no alcohol,just soft drinks and a few sanwiches free,its during the week when you get all that ( free booze ),thats what happened to us anyway,that was the first time in my life iv gone 1 st class,can only say what we experienced
Only ever been mid-week so makes sense. It was normally 330ml bottles or cans of lager/ale, and not been for some time so things could have changed.

Vic - I meant the railway station not the tube one, I got the names mixed up.

Yes obviously changed a lot since I did my BR stint in the 80s. Back then the micro switches on the door buttons would get really dirty and stick closed, so when the guard unlocked the doors at the station, the doors with a dirty switch would fly open, and anyone leaning on them would end up on the platform or track if the train was too long. I guess the new system you've described is progress.

Would shorter trains get round the problem ?

Oh hell, City->Logic->Road-to-nowhere somethings never change.

Yes, shorter trains would solve the issue. We have a fleet of 5 car diesel trains, but with social distancing would only be able to convey 80 or so passengers. The club wanted to convey circa 250 fans per train, which meant 11 cars factoring in social distancing.

Only ever been mid-week so makes sense. It was normally 330ml bottles or cans of lager/ale, and not been for some time so things could have changed.
It was always thus
my brother in laws brother went mid week and got given unlimitted spirits and beer ( 1st class )
just befor we went ,but he went midweek
the attendant last year told us this when i first asked for a beer
thank god id bought 8 pint stella cans at picc

Similar issue for me, the test centres within easy reach close at 3-45pm on Saturday, I haven't seen any official clarification of whether "within 24 hours" is to be taken literally or would a test earlier on Saturday be ok?

+1 my nearest (only?) centre for a Saturday test is the Reebok and that closes at 12:30 lunchtime. I guess thats within the time the coach sets off but not within 24 hours of the game starting ? surely they wont be that specific?

You normally get at least 2 bottles/cans of beer, often 3 in first class and well as the food on that journey.

It isn't really first class if they don't have food or drink on offer, they really need to clarify what you get. Most people in 1st will only be there as they have no choice if they want a match ticket, as there won't be any benefit on a half full train if there is no food/drink offer.
Supporter services told me today the only difference is you sit in a first class carriage there are no extras

Used to travel first class a couple of times a year 15 years ago or so with work to conferences in London. A cracking full english on the way down and fancy sarnies and a free bar on the way back. On one trip when we got to piccadilly i opened the train door and fell out on to the platform i was that oiled.

Will there be places around the stadium doing lateral flow tests? I assume we'll be allowed to leave the stadium area if fans are travelling to Wembley from central London on the tube. - And the refreshments are much cheaper away from the ground.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.