Return of Supporters

Does anyone know how many season ticket holders we have in the cup scheme.

Have to be on last season’s League Cup scheme as well as having the points
Funnily enough - it is so long ago, I can’t remember if I was ON the cup scheme last year. I presume so as I watched the semi final in my usual seat.

Rags are doing that but not necessarily keeping your usual seat. They can defer though and for those that pay for one, they will be entered into a ballot and get refunds for the games they are unsuccessful for.

If you win the ballot for Southampton on a Friday night, you are then not entered into the ballot for say Dippers at home the following game. You could potentially end up going to 4/5 shit games during the whole season if restrictions don’t loosen.

I thought back to normal on 21 June meant exactly that! Clearly not.
Match day as we knew and loved it in the old days has long been dead and buried but now even the modern sanitised match day looks to be falling by the wayside.
In the same way that councils have used COVID as an excuse to pedestrianise large parts of cities - decisions which won’t be reversed post covid - I can see many new restrictions being imposed on match day fans under the guise of “staying safe” which will remain in place forever.

Match day as we knew and loved it in the old days has long been dead and buried but now even the modern sanitised match day looks to be falling by the wayside.
In the same way that councils have used COVID as an excuse to pedestrianise large parts of cities - decisions which won’t be reversed post covid - I can see many new restrictions being imposed on match day fans under the guise of “staying safe” which will remain in place forever.
For what reason would they want to do that.

Not sure the authorities have imposed the post code restrictions as there aren’t any for Spurs fans , as long as they are season ticket holders they can apply using there normal away ticket criteria but they do still have to go through the testing. So Spurs fans around our area and there are plenty can attend but City fans can’t . That doesn’t make sense.
The authorities are so far out of touch that they think all City fans live in and around Manchester and all Spurs fans live in and around London, hence why postcode restrictions on City fans and none on Spurs fans. If Wembley was in Manchester it would be the other way round.

Also, you could be a City fan who works for the NHS, or a Spurs fan who works for the NHS and lives in Manchester and both get tickets through the NHS but neither would be subject to the criteria of having to travel on extortionately priced "Covid-secure" transport. I fully get why they require a negative test result to gain entry - absolutely no issue with that - but the rest of it is a fucking shit show with more holes in it than a gorgonzola cheese. And an expensive, unenjoyable shit show at that!

Last edited:
To steer the product in the direction they want it to go. Stadia full of home fans of the happy smiling middle class families variety clutching bags full of merch from the club shop rather than snarling drunken young men singing aggressive songs and heaven forbid swearing out loud

I'm as far from a conspiracy theorist as you can get, but I can certainly see football fans - in particular away fans - being subject to more controls and the pandemic being used by the authorities as an excuse for that. We (football fans) are already subjected to certain laws that would be deemed utterly draconian for any other group of people and there was a groundswell to get some of those relaxed before Covid hit, but now there's a danger it could go the other way even when normality returns to all other walks of life.

Last edited:
To steer the product in the direction they want it to go. Stadia full of home fans of the happy smiling middle class families variety clutching bags full of merch from the club shop rather than snarling drunken young men singing aggressive songs and heaven forbid swearing out loud
So why are they installing rail seating.To be honest not sure I want snarling drunken young men singing aggressive songs. Just standing fans singing is fine by me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.