Return of Supporters

I will be genuinely surprised if there are 2000 fans who are prepared to go through the supposed rigmarole being quoted to actually attend the final. For the last year I've been watching with astonishment as people have jumped through burning hoops to try and go on holiday and could not work out why anyone would go through such torture just for a 7 day break. To think anyone would want that hassle just to sit in an empty Wembley for 2 hours and be part of a government exercise in crowd quarantine is mind boggling.

Good luck to anyone who does take the plunge but personally I think you are bonkers.
Totally agree, I think people taking part in what is another lunatic experiment should be paid for the inconvenience of being a guinea pig. If there are any fans there, I expect most will be Spurs supporters and that would be a farce.

yep mentioned it earlier clubs a planning for full stadiums is this so they can sell seasons tickets to get the money in then when government say only 10% can go into stadiums what happens to those seasons tickets that were renewed or purchased! Do you go in a sort of lottery! Do you get a full refund? Can see some clubs finding a way of keeping most of it, seeing the finances of clubs...
Exactly this happened last year with many EFL clubs planning for 30% capacity returns on 1st October 2020, and there were various approaches, including full/part refunds combined with access to home games 'free' on iplayer.

I will be genuinely surprised if there are 2000 fans who are prepared to go through the supposed rigmarole being quoted to actually attend the final. For the last year I've been watching with astonishment as people have jumped through burning hoops to try and go on holiday and could not work out why anyone would go through such torture just for a 7 day break. To think anyone would want that hassle just to sit in an empty Wembley for 2 hours and be part of a government exercise in crowd quarantine is mind boggling.

Good luck to anyone who does take the plunge but personally I think you are bonkers.
I think you are right. To be honest if you are not a person who would normally volunteer to take part in a practice exercise for a disaster, don’t apply for this. The match, City - Spurs is almost irrelevant to the organisers and bigger picture of the test event, and it is likely to be a very long expensive day of getting ordered about, waiting around, no beer, no singing etc. I suspect City have little control over any of it and would have preferred no tickets to be honest.

yep mentioned it earlier clubs a planning for full stadiums is this so they can sell seasons tickets to get the money in then when government say only 10% can go into stadiums what happens to those seasons tickets that were renewed or purchased! Do you go in a sort of lottery! Do you get a full refund? Can see some clubs finding a way of keeping most of it, seeing the finances of clubs...

yeah not a chance will i be paying for a season ticket with no guarantee of going every game with stadium crowd cap

The Premier League has joined other UK sporting organisations in writing a cross-sport letter to the leaders of the UK's major political parties about COVID certification for the return of fans.

To:
Boris Johnson MP
Keir Starmer MP
Ian Blackford MP
Ed Davey MP
Liz Saville-Roberts MP

8 April 2021

Sports support COVID certification (testing and vaccination) review as a credible option to enable full venues from 21 June onwards

We welcome the Government’s commitment to securing a return of spectators to sporting events and the support all political parties and the devolved administrations have shown to returning sport at all levels throughout the pandemic.

This week’s announcement by the Prime Minister that the Government’s roadmap for easing the lockdown restrictions remains on course is very welcome news.

Sporting events can continue to plan for the return of small numbers of spectators from 17 May. At this stage of the process all spectators will need to follow social distancing requirements and attendance will be capped at a maximum of 25% of larger venue’s capacity. However this will still be insufficient to end sport’s COVID financial crisis.

Looking ahead to June 21, we support the Government’s ambition to secure the full return of fans, without restrictions if possible. Of necessity, this will depend upon the Government agreeing that it is safe to lessen or drop social distancing requirements.

How this can be achieved is being examined by the Events Research Programme (ERP) which is looking at a range of options, including the extent to which social distancing can be relaxed. This work is supported by all of the major sporting bodies.

All of our sports are committed to working closely with the ERP to explore all of the options that will allow us to swiftly return to full capacities. We also understand that further guidance will be issued by the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport and the Sports Grounds Safety Authority.

It is important that we have certainty as soon as possible on the form this guidance will take so we can plan efficiently and effectively with many big sporting events scheduled for late June and onwards.

The return of fans will give a huge boost to millions who enjoy a day out at a sporting event with their friends and families and be of great benefit to the economy. It is right that every possible action is considered to secure this outcome as soon as possible, but only for as long as an unrestricted return is considered unsafe to fans, matchday staff and the wider public.

This includes investigating how a COVID certification arrangement could reduce and then safely remove the requirement for social distancing.

There are many issues to be addressed including how the technology would work and its ease of use at major events, for both the attendees and the organisers.

All of our sports can see the benefit that a COVID certification process offers in getting more fans safely back to their sport as quickly as possible. We know that our stadia can only be fully filled with an assurance process.

This process must ensure that everyone can access stadia and must include arrangements that would verify a negative Covid test or an antibody test or vaccination certification.

The final approach must not be discriminatory, should protect privacy, and have clear exit criteria.

We also reiterate that certification should not be a requirement for any form of participation in grassroots sport around the country.

Based on these principles, we support the review of the use of COVID certification for major events. Any final decision on their application should follow an assessment of the evidence gathered in the forthcoming ERP trials.

We look forward to working with Government and all interested parties, including our stakeholders and fans, to deliver the great sporting summer the whole nation craves.

The AELTC, Wimbledon
English Football League (EFL)
England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB)
Football Association (The FA)
Lawn Tennis Association (LTA)
Premier League (PL)
Rugby Football League (RFL)
Rugby Football Union (RFU)
Scottish Professional Football League (SPFL)

Silverstone Circuit

yeah not a chance will i be paying for a season ticket with no guarantee of going every game with stadium crowd cap
Why would you not have the confidence in city to refund if we were unable to make the games? The club were very good when this all started and no reason to suspect it would be any different in the future.

I would literally jump through a burning hoop to watch this team play. Travelling 200 miles and having the relatively minor inconvenience of being ordered about by power hungry hi vis clad goons for a few hours is a small price to pay to be able to see arguably our greatest ever team play just once.

For anyone interested the charter trains are 10.20, 11.55 and 12.55 ex Piccadilly and 19.29, 20.04 and 20.35 ex Euston. There's a contingency plan if the match goes to extra time / penalties.
The trains have been privately chartered by the club, so I'm guessing there'll be some sort of match ticket / travel package for anyone lucky enough to get hold of tickets.
There's 246 seats available on each train, although the trains each have a capacity of 592 so plenty of social distancing being enforced.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.