Return of Supporters

Can't see there being much of an atmosphere. Won't be able to drink on the coaches, you can bet it will be banned on the special trains. Not a great day out really.

When I have a party, your name is going to be the first on the guest list. ;-)

Yes,I find my job totally boring too, which is why I'm retiring at the earliest possible opportunity.
Looking forward to how my 22 year old graduate replacement with no previous work experience or knowledge of the behaviours of travelling football fans copes with the job!

Last edited:
Yes,I find my job totally boring too, which is why I'm retiring at the earliest possible opportunity.
Looking forward to how my 22 year old graduate replacement with no previous work experience or knowledge of tthe behaviours of travelling football fans copes with the job!
I used to have a brilliant book about railway accidents (I think I might have been lent it actually) and it described how the accidents happened and what was done to avoid them in future. I don't underestimate the professionalism of those actually running the network & trains on a day-to-day basis.

It was a bit like when Nat West suffered that major IT disaster. That was a result of getting rid of people who had 30 years experience in scheduling & running the crucial overnight batch jobs. These jobs had to be run in the correct sequence and any issues correctly managed, which those guys could in their sleep. Then they outsourced it to someone who could do it cheaper, using 22 year old IT graduates.

I used to have a brilliant book about railway accidents (I think I might have been lent it actually) and it described how the accidents happened and what was done to avoid them in future. I don't underestimate the professionalism of those actually running the network & trains on a day-to-day basis.

It was a bit like when Nat West suffered that major IT disaster. That was a result of getting rid of people who had 30 years experience in scheduling & running the crucial overnight batch jobs. These jobs had to be run in the correct sequence and any issues correctly managed, which those guys could in their sleep. Then they outsourced it to someone who could do it cheaper, using 22 year old IT graduates.

Yeah, totally seeing it happening in the rail industry too. I'm not saying I know everything because I've had 30 years' experience, but I've got a rounded knowledge working on the frontline as a Guard, in the Control office of passenger and freight operators, in the Revenue Management team and as a Planner.
It hasn't gone unnoticed that the guys we interact with at Network Rail who have an oversight of what is going on from all operators have gone from professional and experienced to clueless graduates, and it's got to the point where myself and my colleagues sometimes have to tell them how to do their job.
Definitely time to get out and enjoy more of what the world offers.
Going back to the thread topic, I won't be going as my postcode doesn't fall in the required criteria, I haven't paid for travel in the last 30 years and have no intention of starting now, and I really don't want to be treated like a human guinea pig.

i went to a COVID test site in town last night. They do the PCR tests and you can just go along and get tested, results take 1-2 days. So i guess to be safe, maybe go there next Wednesday

for lateral flow test, my nearest appears to be the Reebok. They are open Sat morning til 12:30 but it says you hve to book but no link or phone number to make a booking? does anyone know how you make a test booking?

i went to a COVID test site in town last night. They do the PCR tests and you can just go along and get tested, results take 1-2 days. So i guess to be safe, maybe go there next Wednesday

for lateral flow test, my nearest appears to be the Reebok. They are open Sat morning til 12:30 but it says you hve to book but no link or phone number to make a booking? does anyone know how you make a test booking?

I’d wait though. City are to still to confirm what the procedure is as those sites aren’t open within ‘24 hours’ of the game.

You can get the matchday programme for the Carabao Cup Final 2021 from the EFL's publishers Ignition Sports Media for £6, or for £10, including postage, you can get your name published in the official final programme in a 'Wish You Were Here' supporters roll call. The programmes are posted on Thursday 22nd April first class to hopefully arrive pre-match. You can also get 10 per cent off the £10 version by using the discount code CITY when you place your order. The link to Ignition's site is here: https://www.ignitionsportsmedia.com...21-manchester-city-wish-you-were-here-edition

Last edited:

I’d wait though. City are to still to confirm what the procedure is as those sites aren’t open within ‘24 hours’ of the game.

thanks. Had a look at that link, again it seems to be primarily about getting home testing kits which isnt sufficient.

I did ring 119 and they were useless and didnt know.

Ill wait and see what City come up with however I would rather than the testing process / centre etc confirmed before going ahead and buying tickets

thanks. Had a look at that link, again it seems to be primarily about getting home testing kits which isnt sufficient.

I did ring 119 and they were useless and didnt know.

Ill wait and see what City come up with however I would rather than the testing process / centre etc confirmed before going ahead and buying tickets
No it’s not. You put in your postcode and it takes you to the relevant booking site for your area. I booked mine at Stockport through the link.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.