Returning to Maine Road

I recall them on Lloyd St also.
Maine Rd was a great location if you were on the bus as not only was the depot a couple of Hundred yards up Claremont Rd/ Princess Rd you had all the 100s, the 40s the infamous 53 etc .

The 53
The banana bus route .........you wait and hour for one then a bunch arrive at the same time

i'm 26 now and my first season ticket was the first season at the City of Manchester Stadium in 03/04. One thing that pisses me off is having pretty much zero memories of Maine Road. My dad did take me once or twice but i can't remember it which fucks me off to this day haha ! did anyone on here get to see Oasis on one of the two nights they did at Maine Road?
Yep.season we got relegated(again)

Match buses to Wythenshawe (100s etc).went from Bowes Street, outside Princess Road bus depot.
Buses from town stopped on Lloyd Street so presumably left from there, assuming they ran afterwards.
Yeah the buses from town did run afterwards..

i'm 26 now and my first season ticket was the first season at the City of Manchester Stadium in 03/04. One thing that pisses me off is having pretty much zero memories of Maine Road. My dad did take me once or twice but i can't remember it which fucks me off to this day haha ! did anyone on here get to see Oasis on one of the two nights they did at Maine Road?
yes went on the Sunday great day

When we buried my Grandad thirty years ago in Southern Cemetery, my dad pointed out to me that he could still see the floodlights of Maine Road from his resting place. My dads also in that plot now, but to this day I can’t visit to pay my respects without looking for those floodlights, and sometimes I’m sure they are still there.

I recall them on Lloyd St also.
Maine Rd was a great location if you were on the bus as not only was the depot a couple of Hundred yards up Claremont Rd/ Princess Rd you had all the 100s, the 40s the infamous 53 etc .

My dad was a bus driver, so on the way back from the game on the Match Special my dad would always ask his fellow driver for the sign from the window saying "CITY MATCH" for my bedroom wall. Cheap way of wallpapering I suppose!

would love somebody from the the techno world and geeks that can do 3D virtuality and when you put them goggles on and your right back at maine road or standing in the kippax or north stand ?? now that would be worth paying for at the club store

So let me get this right.
Aunt Edna lived at 109, Great uncle Billy was at 76 was it?
Noooo! Uncle Harry lived across the road from Platt Lane training ground! Great Auntie Betty and Great Gran Thornber lived at 175 and Auntie Myra lived at 181 - do pay attention and keep up!!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.