Returning to the office.

Man_City_Loyal

Hi everyone,

With covid restrictions and rules changing now for us to go back to some normality.

A lot of work places are now eager for staff to return to the office.

My work? despite doing articles about working from home, and saying our staff can work from home (we also sell software for businesses to work remotely)

They are pressuring us all now to go back in, especially with no jabs. Telling us we have no choice, removing perks we enjoy the lot

Just wondering what other peoples work are suggesting to them, and if we have any HR guru's on BM what would they recommend?

I've been in work throughout, we had some staff working from home during the initial lockdown but had a full office since June last year. Everything back to normal now nobody bothers with any distancing or anything.

As far as I'm aware you should be working from home till June but there is no enforcement of the rules so its down to whether you want to upset your bosses or not.

Good topic discussion

there is going to be quite a divide in our office on this

I work central London, most have long commutes to get in and have worked perfectly well from home since start of lockdown - but it seems the bosses want us back in as normal after 21st June, but alot of the big players at our company who bring in the money will refuse, a few have moved out of London to far away and speaking to a couple they won't come back full time ever again.

Me personally, much prefer working from home, plus the money saving on travel. I'm far more productive, instead of 3 hours travel a day, i can actually be at home working. it is less stressful. i am spending more time with my family and generally happier, the thought of going to work 5 days a week seems very daunting.

My wife will cry if she's made to go back to work now.
She works roughly 9 - 5 and has to leave the house at 7am and gets home at 7pm if she has to go into the office.
When she's at home she gladly works 8 - 6

Good topic discussion

there is going to be quite a divide in our office on this

I work central London, most have long commutes to get in and have worked perfectly well from home since start of lockdown - but it seems the bosses want us back in as normal after 21st June, but alot of the big players at our company who bring in the money will refuse, a few have moved out of London to far away and speaking to a couple they won't come back full time ever again.

Me personally, much prefer working from home, plus the money saving on travel. I'm far more productive, instead of 3 hours travel a day, i can actually be at home working. it is less stressful. i am spending more time with my family and generally happier, the thought of going to work 5 days a week seems very daunting.

same here

I am really not looking forward to returning back to the office.

Just think its a farce, plus they have had outbreaks throughout returning back to office.

I'd expect some flexibility with firms and give the choice to staff.
Who wants to commute on our horrible roads and rubbish public transport if you can avoid it? But it depends on individual circumstances, currently I do 2 days at home, 3 days in the office but I live on my own in a flat so I prefer the office. Those lucky enough to have a big house may think differently.
But commuting in this region is horrific and I can understand people wanting to stay at home.

Office in town...been home working since last March so 1 year +...no real hurry or pressure to get back....perhaps because they woud have to give me back the 10% salary they nipped when all this started!...mind you, havent been over the pub either...and no plans to do so when it opens proper.....i may have become institutionalised..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.