Revealing picture of which City player and masseur?!

Mad Eyed Screamer

Who is the City player and masseur?
Any idea why they are in an Arsenal kit?

35237608_10155673810993358_2970512567186751488_n.jpg

It was famously after an England training session, but I can't (so not that famously) remember why they were in Arsenal shirts. Maybe it was some sort of sweetener to keep Gary Sprake or Bob Stokoe quiet.

Who is the City player and masseur?
Any idea why they are in an Arsenal kit?

35237608_10155673810993358_2970512567186751488_n.jpg
When managing Leeds, Revie and chief coach Les Cocker always massaged the team after the final training session prior to a game. He took the practice (along with Les Cocker) to the England set-up when he succeeded Sir Alf (and interim manager Joe Mercer), hence him massaging Dennis Tueart here. Revie was heavily into opponent dossiers and stuff like the group massages (please.. keep it seasonal, no ‘Ooh Matron!’ jokes or sniggering at the back there!) He used to get the squad at Leeds (and he tried it with England) playing bingo and charades when staying in hotels for away games. Go down like a lead balloon with today’s I-Pod and social media generation of players..

A new take on ‘given a roasting’ by the coach? Certainly looks like he’s being prepared for the oven. Perhaps he trained badly that day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.