Revisionism

Tugay One Cup

I can't be the only one who's noticed that this word pops up an awful lot on bluemoon. It's cringeworthy whenever I read someone use it as a counter argument in itself. It's like people have discovered a new fancy word and just use it as a tool to undermine someone's opinion.

Yesterday someone accused another poster of revisionism for stating that De Bruyne hasn't reached Zidane's level yet. Despite what you make of Zidane as a player, the general consensus was that he was the best player of his generation. That general consensus implies that the actual revisionism would be in telling us all that Zidane, a Ballon D'or/ World Cup/ multiple FIFA player of the year winner, wasn't all that good.

It's not smart and doesn't win your debate, especially when it's not used correctly. Just saying.

I can't be the only one who's noticed that this word pops up an awful lot on bluemoon. It's cringeworthy whenever I read someone use it as a counter argument in itself. It's like people have discovered a new fancy word and just use it as a tool to undermine someone's opinion.

Yesterday someone accused another poster of revisionism for stating that De Bruyne hasn't reached Zidane's level yet. Despite what you make of Zidane as a player, the general consensus was that he was the best player of his generation. That general consensus implies that the actual revisionism would be in telling us all that Zidane, a Ballon D'or/ World Cup/ multiple FIFA player of the year winner, wasn't all that good.

It's not smart and doesn't win your debate, especially when it's not used correctly. Just saying.
I think KDB discussion will have lots and lots of revisionism thrown in judging by what I've read so far.
There's one thing to be excited that a potential world class player is strutting his stuff in the sky blue shirt but it's like some have forgotten that Silva has been doing similar for fucking years and has trophies to prove it.

Never heard the word before, and without context i would have guessed it to mean the hatred of people that study for exams.

You said the opposite last week, revisionism of the highest order ;-p

I think a well known poster, a few years ago, used to say 'straw man argument'. It sent me shuffling for an explanation and now I like to use it occasionally. Always good to learn new stuff

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.