Richard Dunne

the day we beat barca in there own cup that they never ever lost pre-season 2009
and they say we dont have any history and messi and Zlatan Ibrahimovic even big dunny had Zlatan in his pocket back then

Dunney was a legend no doubt, but im not sure where this myth that we were the first team to beat Barca in the Joan Gamper comes from - they had lost it numerous times.

Dunne was great but mostly in a partnership with Sylvain Distin who never gets enough for his role in that defence. They both complemented each other perfectly as players.

Probably the best example of 'The whole being greater than the sum of its parts' I can think of.

Dunney was a legend no doubt, but im not sure where this myth that we were the first team to beat Barca in the Joan Gamper comes from - they had lost it numerous times.

in the new format we was the first team to beat barca in 90min and win the Joan Gamper and not on pens like juve won on pens

the thing was richard dunne looked shocked and did not know what to do and manchester city had just beat barca and pep on there own pitch and was getting a trophy. that was the first signs that we was going in the right way and we all started to dream of winning silverware and champions league football

Dunne was great but mostly in a partnership with Sylvain Distin who never gets enough for his role in that defence. They both complemented each other perfectly as players.

Probably the best example of 'The whole being greater than the sum of its parts' I can think of.

Great shout. Distin was class. Crazy how he doesn't get the recognition he deserves. He made it all look so effortless. I used to love watching him glide across the pitch absolutely destroying anybody else on the pitch for pace.

Dunne used to 'put a shift in' and and leave the field covered in sweat and blowing out of his arse, so was always going to be looked on favourably.

He was a good player in some pretty awful sides, but I agree with others in that he wouldn't get close to our squad today.

It's also funny how the haze of nostalgia seems to effect people's recollection of how many times he dropped us right in the shit. I remember him being stupidly sent off against Wigan in 2009 and Zabba put in one of his best ever performances to pull us out of it.

People are conveniently forgetting these two damning facts....

dunneowngoals.jpg

dunneredcards.jpg

I was never a fan. As mentioned above, when he was playing with Distin he was good enough, but during most other periods he was a liability...

People are conveniently forgetting these two damning facts....

dunneowngoals.jpg

dunneredcards.jpg

I was never a fan. As mentioned above, when he was playing with Distin he was good enough, but during most other periods he was a liability...

Yeah, a complete liability under Sven when he played with Micah next to him.

Those stats simply prove he threw himself into everything. Look at the players around him in the cards, hardly Danny Mills level are they.

I actually went to that game, along with a fair few other City fans. Great atmosphere and day in the end, apart from them delaying kick off into the early hours of the morning! We flew the day of the game from Majorca as we were meant to be flying back to the UK, but took a detour!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.