Richard Dunne

I remember him scoring an opening goal against us at Villa park and a lot of the City support applauding the goal.
Not me though even though he was great for City the seasons before.
Remember it well, he was 25/1, was going to punt on him but changed my mind at the last minute. Dont think he celebrated, and he didnt score that often.

The Beijing gaffe was yet another from Cook. He may have understood the fans needs but he didn’t half drop some clangers.

After he went to Villa I got a late ticket for them at West Ham one night to see him play. Dunne was immense and I was proud to see it.

I will always remember him with great affection. I liked the description of him on here as the Zabba of his day in terms of giving his all in games. Yes, he did score a lot of OGs but often because he had been left as the last ditch defender. I think Boro beat us 1-0 at the Etihad once without an effort on target because of a Dunnie OG, but the guy was a hero more often than not.
I was at that game, close but incorrect, sun ji fucking hi was the hero for boro that day

Just for the avoidance of doubt.....Richard Dunne is a stalwart, likeable, probably our best player over those four seasons but my issue is the use of the word ‘legend’.

Aguero, Yaya, Silva, Kompany, Kinky etc.....fair enough....sorry Dunney Monster isn’t a legend he did put in some huge performances but never will be a legend, sorry.
shaun goater
andy morrison
richard dunne
not one of them fit to lace the boots of aguero ,silva,yaya talent wise,
but 3 legends ,legends doesn't me glory,they gave everything they had for manchester city,everything,and as a football fan thats all i ask for
richard dunne is a legend

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.