Right to Dream Academy

spinzer

Exactly how close and how does our connection to the Right to Dream Academy work? I remember theese to lads named Collins Tannor and Ernest Agyiry as being amazing in the Al Kass u17 cup.
Two Right to Dream Academy players, who joined the junior side of the English giants at the Al Kass U17 Cup in Qatar, feel the experience will spur them on to do more

Right to Dream students, Collins Tanor and Ernest Agyiri, have been reflecting on their experiences after a successful three-week attachment at English Premier League giants, Manchester City.
The pair not only helped the English Premier League side to finish sixth at the prestigious Al Kass U17 International Cup in Qatar, last month, but also scored a total of six goals between them.

The main purpose of the tournament is to help develop youth systems worldwide, coupled with cash prizes for the winners.

Agyiri began the competition with a man-of-the-match performance in Manchester City’s 6-1 rout over Chicago Fire, as well as ending the tournament by scoring two memorable goals against Barcelona.

“It was a very good experience for me. I enjoyed playing against Barcelona because they are different from the sides I have played elsewhere,” he said. “Barcelona were a very compact team and it was always difficult to take the ball away from them when we lost possession.”

“I also learnt that when a coach leaves you on the bench, it doesn’t mean you can't have an impact. In our game against Aspire Qatar, we were losing 3-1 before I came on. I managed to score a goal, and helped the team turn the game around to win 4-3.”

RtD Academy captain, Tanor, demonstrated strong leadership qualities, converting three penalty kicks in the tournament - one against Barcelona.

Collins said: “At the Right to Dream Academy, we have been to different tournaments in France, Sweden, Holland and at the Manchester United Premier Cup, so it was not a new experience to play against top teams, which helped prevent any nervousness.

“Overall, it was a great experience to be exposed to a tournament like that and play at a top level. The coach played me in different positions. I played right back sometimes and it taught me that I have to be able to adapt to different positions.

“We went down sometimes, but still kept believing that we can always come back and keep going. For instance, in the game against Barcelona we were down 4-1 in the first half, but ended the game 6-4. You have to complete believing as an individual and as a team that you can turn things around."

The 2014 Al Kass U17 International Cup, which ran from 13th January to 23rd January, featured some of the best youth teams in the world, including Manchester City, Barcelona and AC Milan.
Collins and Ernest have since resumed their studies at the Right to Dream Academy in Old Akrade.

spinzer said:
Exactly how close and how does our connection to the Right to Dream Academy work? I remember theese to lads named Collins Tannor and Ernest Agyiry as being amazing in the Al Kass u17 cup.
Two Right to Dream Academy players, who joined the junior side of the English giants at the Al Kass U17 Cup in Qatar, feel the experience will spur them on to do more

Right to Dream students, Collins Tanor and Ernest Agyiri, have been reflecting on their experiences after a successful three-week attachment at English Premier League giants, Manchester City.
The pair not only helped the English Premier League side to finish sixth at the prestigious Al Kass U17 International Cup in Qatar, last month, but also scored a total of six goals between them.

The main purpose of the tournament is to help develop youth systems worldwide, coupled with cash prizes for the winners.

Agyiri began the competition with a man-of-the-match performance in Manchester City’s 6-1 rout over Chicago Fire, as well as ending the tournament by scoring two memorable goals against Barcelona.

“It was a very good experience for me. I enjoyed playing against Barcelona because they are different from the sides I have played elsewhere,” he said. “Barcelona were a very compact team and it was always difficult to take the ball away from them when we lost possession.”

“I also learnt that when a coach leaves you on the bench, it doesn’t mean you can't have an impact. In our game against Aspire Qatar, we were losing 3-1 before I came on. I managed to score a goal, and helped the team turn the game around to win 4-3.”

RtD Academy captain, Tanor, demonstrated strong leadership qualities, converting three penalty kicks in the tournament - one against Barcelona.

Collins said: “At the Right to Dream Academy, we have been to different tournaments in France, Sweden, Holland and at the Manchester United Premier Cup, so it was not a new experience to play against top teams, which helped prevent any nervousness.

“Overall, it was a great experience to be exposed to a tournament like that and play at a top level. The coach played me in different positions. I played right back sometimes and it taught me that I have to be able to adapt to different positions.

“We went down sometimes, but still kept believing that we can always come back and keep going. For instance, in the game against Barcelona we were down 4-1 in the first half, but ended the game 6-4. You have to complete believing as an individual and as a team that you can turn things around."

The 2014 Al Kass U17 International Cup, which ran from 13th January to 23rd January, featured some of the best youth teams in the world, including Manchester City, Barcelona and AC Milan.
Collins and Ernest have since resumed their studies at the Right to Dream Academy in Old Akrade.

The rumour is that we own the thing outright, was once owned by some dude and maybe still is. Wiki is your friend. Or not.

Drewmanc said:
spinzer said:

The rumour is that we own the thing outright, was once owned by some dude and maybe still is. Wiki is your friend. Or not.
Haha oh well, in Wiki it is noted under City Football Group.

It was apparently founded in the late 90's by Manchester Utd's chief scout at the time.

Seems to be City who are the main connection there these days. Ah well.

The lad Ernest looked a real talent in that tournament. I imagine we will be following him closely & if he continues to progress, try to get him access to a European passport, through the connections in Norway or Portugal.

The problem is that, being based in Ghana, it's very hard to find info on the ownership of the company, and if City ever did buy it - which there is a strong case for - then they made a good job of keeping it very quiet. The website of the academy certainly doesn't give any implications as to its ownership. It's clear that City have a strong link with the place, but it's virtually impossible to establish whether we outright own it or whether we just have an agreement with them to get first dibs on their talent.

As for the claims that it's on the City Football Group thing on Wikipedia - it sure isn't on the CFG's main article, because I did a thorough job of wiping all the speculation and fantasy from that article a month ago. It's still listed on the silly little infobox at the bottom of some pages, but that's only because I haven't decided how best to get rid of it. I don't like outright calling for other peoples' articles/templates to be deleted so I haven't done that yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.