right, where are they?

Neville Kneville said:
We have absolutely loads of talent. It's finding out which ones continue improving & produce the goods v fully grown adults & which are too lightweight or too slow. I don't think talent will be the issue with most of these kids. It will be the ones who can adapt & produce it when the time comes. You could name one kid, & then might find he gets pushed off the ball too easily or can't react quickly enough, but the next guy takes to it & suddenly outshines him. One may be physically up to it, but too slow, etc etc.

None are yet good enough to be starting games imo, & most would probably still have a way to go physically to play v Premier League players. One or two may get a chance from the bench or in lesser cup games, depending on how they look in training. The quick ones could make an impact under the right circumstances.

Pre season would be a good time to try a few & see if they look the part. But the Premier League is tough at the top & playing for City now, is not the same as when SWP & Joey Barton etc came through.

I'm sure some of these lads will make it, there is too much talent for at least some not to come through.

It doesn't always turn out to be the ones you expect.
Don't know wether they would be classed as academy players, but the two Nigerian players coming in could be close to the first team, especially Iheanacho.

spinzer said:
Neville Kneville said:
We have absolutely loads of talent. It's finding out which ones continue improving & produce the goods v fully grown adults & which are too lightweight or too slow. I don't think talent will be the issue with most of these kids. It will be the ones who can adapt & produce it when the time comes. You could name one kid, & then might find he gets pushed off the ball too easily or can't react quickly enough, but the next guy takes to it & suddenly outshines him. One may be physically up to it, but too slow, etc etc.

None are yet good enough to be starting games imo, & most would probably still have a way to go physically to play v Premier League players. One or two may get a chance from the bench or in lesser cup games, depending on how they look in training. The quick ones could make an impact under the right circumstances.

Pre season would be a good time to try a few & see if they look the part. But the Premier League is tough at the top & playing for City now, is not the same as when SWP & Joey Barton etc came through.

I'm sure some of these lads will make it, there is too much talent for at least some not to come through.

It doesn't always turn out to be the ones you expect.
Don't know wether they would be classed as academy players, but the two Nigerian players coming in could be close to the first team, especially Iheanacho.
No, only the rags would count 2 lads who haven't even appeared over here until they turn 18 as academy products.

We said when the new academy was announced that it would take around 10 years before we saw home-grown talents actually begin to populate our squad. It's currently been three. If anything, I'd say the academy's progress so far is actually better than expected.

Only when we find the next Messi. Until that young players has to be happy with 1 sub maybe 1 starting appearance in League Cup vs lower division side.

Sad but cant see anything else. Risking young players seems too risky these days while the quality of first team is too strong for it.

Sterling at 18 is very good and played well for Pool in many top games in the PL. Januzaj, Flanagan had some good games as well.

But if they had been here or Silva/Nasri/Navas/Milner would have been at Liverpool would Sterling got similar paying time? No way. Even if his talent is the same.
If we had wingers like out of form Young, Valencia, Kagawa, Giggs we could have given more playing time to Lopes. But with Silva, Nasri, Navas, Milner, Jovetic etc how good a youngster has to be to come in?

how good a RB or LB has to been to make the manager think "well I put Sagna out of the match squad, Zab on the bench and you in the first 11!"
Same with every other position...

Until a 18-19 year old player has really the potential to become the next superstar they wont see much action in the first team.

Damanino said:
Only when we find the next Messi. Until that young players has to be happy with 1 sub maybe 1 starting appearance in League Cup vs lower division side.

Sad but cant see anything else. Risking young players seems too risky these days while the quality of first team is too strong for it.

Sterling at 18 is very good and played well for Pool in many top games in the PL. Januzaj, Flanagan had some good games as well.

But if they had been here or Silva/Nasri/Navas/Milner would have been at Liverpool would Sterling got similar paying time? No way. Even if his talent is the same.
If we had wingers like out of form Young, Valencia, Kagawa, Giggs we could have given more playing time to Lopes. But with Silva, Nasri, Navas, Milner, Jovetic etc how good a youngster has to be to come in?

how good a RB or LB has to been to make the manager think "well I put Sagna out of the match squad, Zab on the bench and you in the first 11!"

Until a 18-19 year old player has really the potential to become the next superstar they wont see much action in the first team.

young players nearly all the time though aren't superstars straight away, they need game time to develop. every club, even from real madrid, barca, liverpool, bayern all manage to give there kids a lot of games, we just dont

What happened to that wonderkid, Zak Brunt?

He was 10 when we signed him but I would imagine he is around 13 now.

Anyone seen much of him? He looks fantastic in YouTube!

sam-caddick said:
What happened to that wonderkid, Zak Brunt?

He was 10 when we signed him but I would imagine he is around 13 now.

Anyone seen much of him? He looks fantastic in YouTube!
Think he signed with Atletico Madrid

Damanino said:

Good point. But do not agree with this fully. If we had a flanagan (or a fit micah), we wouldnt have gone for sagna I think.

BlueindianNewcity said:
Damanino said:

Good point. But do not agree with this fully. If we had a flanagan (or a fit micah), we wouldnt have gone for sagna I think.

Doesn't really change his argument though. Both Micah and Flanagan are first team-established players. His point about managers not wanting to risk playing youths because it takes established players out of the squad still stands.

Falastur said:
BlueindianNewcity said:
Damanino said:

Doesn't really change his argument though. Both Micah and Flanagan are first team-established players. His point about managers not wanting to risk playing youths because it takes established players out of the squad still stands.
But are not superstars and they do not have potential to be superstars. Still they would have made the squad and got a lot of opportunities. I dont thnk we have invested all these money on academy to wait till next messi to get into the squad. A good core of 15-16 players + backups who would fit into the system and many of these would be from academy. That should be the plan behind having a great academy and picking up lot of talented youngsters from around the globe..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.