right, where are they?

LoveCity said:
Swan has been back on trial at Leeds, the club we poached him (and Hutton who was also released) from for about £750k compensation. Other Championship clubs also after him.

Think Kieran Kennedy has joined Leicester permanently although Sky Sports oddly listed it as a loan renewal even though City had him on the list of released players.

City had a pretty aggressive recruitment drive of promising young British teens from other clubs in 2009-10 (Henshall, Swan, Hutton, Huws), but only Huws has come anywhere close to having a chance.

Might explain why we seem to poach so few British lads now in the 15-16 age group and instead use our own and add foreign kids instead.

Also goes to show that they are not as good as the british lads with have already at the club. I've seen many players mentioned in the transfer forum, Will Hughes, Diego Poyet etc and it always annoys me, why don't we appreciate the talents we have already?

Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:
billfromthehill said:
To see a manc kid come through would be class
It's got to happen soon imo.
George Glendon is our only hope at the moment.

Don't forget Facey and Hiwula, all three will find it very difficult though, given a chance though they can be squad players minimum in 3-4 years.

WNRH said:
LoveCity said:
Swan has been back on trial at Leeds, the club we poached him (and Hutton who was also released) from for about £750k compensation. Other Championship clubs also after him.

Think Kieran Kennedy has joined Leicester permanently although Sky Sports oddly listed it as a loan renewal even though City had him on the list of released players.

City had a pretty aggressive recruitment drive of promising young British teens from other clubs in 2009-10 (Henshall, Swan, Hutton, Huws), but only Huws has come anywhere close to having a chance.

Might explain why we seem to poach so few British lads now in the 15-16 age group and instead use our own and add foreign kids instead.

Also goes to show that they are not as good as the british lads with have already at the club. I've seen many players mentioned in the transfer forum, Will Hughes, Diego Poyet etc and it always annoys me, why don't we appreciate the talents we have already?

Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:
billfromthehill said:
To see a manc kid come through would be class
It's got to happen soon imo.
George Glendon is our only hope at the moment.

Don't forget Facey and Hiwula, all three will find it very difficult though, given a chance though they can be squad players minimum in 3-4 years.
Had no idea that Hiwula was from Manchester.

LoveCity said:
Swan has been back on trial at Leeds, the club we poached him (and Hutton who was also released) from for about £750k compensation. young British teens from other clubs in 2009-10 (Henshall, Swan, Hutton, Huws), but only Huws has come anywhere close to having a chance.

We signed some english u17's a year ago, didn't we?

SlimShadyRus said:
LoveCity said:
Swan has been back on trial at Leeds, the club we poached him (and Hutton who was also released) from for about £750k compensation. young British teens from other clubs in 2009-10 (Henshall, Swan, Hutton, Huws), but only Huws has come anywhere close to having a chance.

The only one I can think of is Denzeil Boadu who was available for free after leaving Arsenal.

Other than that, I can't think of any. Most of our England youth internationals in the 15-18 age group seem to have been here since an early age.

Recent incomings I can think of:

Dilrosun (Dutch)
Kongolo (Dutch)
Haug (Norwegian)
Brahim (Spanish)
Maffeo (Spanish)
Fernandes (Spanish)
M. Garcia (Spanish)
Tasende/Angelino (Spanish)
Faour (Swedish)
Ambrose (French)
Iheanacho (Nigerian)
Nwakali (Nigerian)
Lema (Swiss - already gone)
Ntcham (French)
Bossaerts (Belgian)
Denayer (Belgian)
Marin (Romanian - already gone)

Can't think of any English besides Boadu that we have signed since we brought in Angus Gunn a few years ago. So I think our policy now is to train our own English players at a high standard and add elite young foreign talent to the teams. I'm sure exceptions will be made if someone great becomes available from another academy, like that United prodigy we were linked with recently.

SlimShadyRus said:
LoveCity said:

Henshall was the main one I think, but he has gone to Ipswich.

supercity88 said:
SlimShadyRus said:
LoveCity said:

Henshall was the main one I think, but he has gone to Ipswich.
Henshall was at City for 3 years. See LoveCity's list above for what looks a complete list (there's at least 4 in there I've never heard of, although 2 of them have left).

edit :- make that 3 I'd not heard of, Kjetil Haug is the Norwegian goalie we signed. Now I've just got to Google Dilrosun.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.