Riot in Tottenham (continued)

TheMightyQuinn said:
Murph said:
The bleeding heart do-gooders are just as much to blame than the scum doing rioting. The police stand off - they are soft - go in hard - and it's police brutality. What a pathetic lilly-livered society we live in!

Almost as if the police don't want to stop it. They don't normally need an excuse to wade in.

This is all a smokescreen. I'll be called a crank but in a few weeks/months when the Govt are stripping us of more freedoms it'll all become a little clearer.

Those @ the top of the Met police (which is a force in disarray) are afraid to make the tough calls. Afraid off the consequences if poor little Jonny gets his head bashed by a truncheon while rioting.

Think there will be a change in police tactics tonight. Old bill been drafted into London from all over the country. Also think that different people are calling the shots now.

metalblue said:
nashark said:
JohnMaddocksAxe said:
Maybe there will. Maybe we are in total agreement in that.

But why does that make this a political issue (when it shows no signs of replicating genuine violent political fights in the past) and not a criminal one?

All criminal issues are products of societies and their politics.

We make judgements as to what should be viewed, discussed and treated as criminality and what should be viewed, discussed and treated as political grievance.

Until I see a shred of genuine political motivation, this is pure criminality in my view and I will not sully the name of genuine political struggles of the past (some of which many on here will view as nonsense and criminality) by likening them to this.

It is not the same. I don't know why we are arguing about whether life is a product of politics. Of course it is. It isn't a debating point.

These people aren't motivated by politics by the way. I've never said that. I said that their actions are a product of politics as are all crimes for financial benefit. On the other hand, I consider rape/murder/battery a creation of evolution.

So the "greedy bankers" from an earlier post of yours are simply victims of politics? Glad we cleared that up then, I always thought you just hated bankers.

We're all playing the same game baby. Some play by the rules, others don't. All I'm suggesting is we play another game.

Murph said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Murph said:
The bleeding heart do-gooders are just as much to blame than the scum doing rioting. The police stand off - they are soft - go in hard - and it's police brutality. What a pathetic lilly-livered society we live in!

Almost as if the police don't want to stop it. They don't normally need an excuse to wade in.

This is all a smokescreen. I'll be called a crank but in a few weeks/months when the Govt are stripping us of more freedoms it'll all become a little clearer.

Those @ the top of the Met police (which is a force in disarray) are afraid to make the tough calls. Afraid off the consequences if poor little Jonny gets his head bashed by a truncheon while rioting.

Think there will be a change in police tactics tonight. Old bill been drafted into London from all over the country. Also think that different people are calling the shots now.

That's your take and that's fair enough.

I think it's something much bigger, darker and shadier but that's my own personal opinion.

Been working down in London today. Was stood on Muswell Hill High Street with police sirens going off, shops shutting up early and coppers everywhere and Sarah Brown walked past me totally unaccompanied without a care in the world like she was on her way to pick up her dry cleaning. Surreal.

She's a big unit btw.

TheMightyQuinn said:
Murph said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

I think it's something much bigger, darker and shadier but that's my own personal opinion.
I respectfully disagree, Quinny.
I like a good conspiracy as much as the next tin foil-helmeted man, but this is just scummy cunts being scummy cunts.

TheMightyQuinn said:
bluemanc said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Be more effective if they got out there and did something rather than playing on Twitter.
They aren't allowed to do anything, that's the problem.

And why not?

Because this has to happen so that it can be used as an excuse.

30 or 40 scallies and they can't do anything but 1000 hard football casuals and they fly in? Doesn't add up.
Difference is football hooligans are thought of as the lowest of the low by the public in general due to the 70s 80s etc and the publicity and news it generated, this means the odd lot can get away with giving football fans a good hiding and no gives a shit, poilticians included

LongsightM13 said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Murph said:

I like a good conspiracy as much as the next tin foil-helmeted man, but this is just scummy cunts being scummy cunts.

No helmet needed Longsight, once again you are right imo.

LongsightM13 said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Murph said:

I agree, to an extent.

But why aren't they trying to stop it?

Either way, the result will be more draconian laws passed and more freedoms lost. It's happened time and time again throughout history - problem - reaction - solution.

The 'rioters' are clearly nobs in grey jogging pants, I wouldn't dispute that.

TheMightyQuinn said:
LongsightM13 said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

I agree, to an extent.

But why aren't they trying to stop it?

Either way, the result will be more draconian laws passed and more freedoms lost. It's happened time and time again throughout history - problem - reaction - solution.

The 'rioters' are clearly nobs in grey jogging pants, I wouldn't dispute that.

I used to work for a Chief Executive who used to come out with tags like 'problem - reaction - solution'.

He was an utter **** and I imagine you would think so too. He was (and presumably still is) the complete antithesis of everything you stand for. So leave it out mate you're bringing back a lot of bad memories without adding anything to the debate ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.