RIP David Bellamy OBE

Such a shame.

I had to think about why my passion for nature is so great and actually looking back at the past clips of him doing his shows, it struck me he was a great influence on me. He came before Attenborough in my life, so it was a natural stepping stone between the two as the passions of delivery were very similar.

RIP, Mr Bellamy, you deserve it. x

p.s., Although people go on about Henry doing Bellamy on 'TISWAS', I remember it better on 'O.T.T.'!!

LOL!

Good sport too in Tiswas appearing with Lenny Henry who used to parody him with the unpronounceable “r”s. As young adults we went through a phase of saying “wheely wonderful “ to anything that was good, beer, girls, music but definitely not City in those days. RIP, just 9 days younger than my old man.

Here we go. A quality chap was Mr Bellamy and Lenny had him down to a tee.

Back in 81 I was in a bar in France and Mr Bellamy was on the next table. Seemed a really nice chap. May he RIP.
(After a couple of hours on French cider I was so pissed he could have been Hitler for all I cared, but still, first impressions and all that.)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.