RIP David Prowse

Visited our school around 1980ish as the Green Cross Code man.

He looked huge!!

R.I.P.

I honestly didn't know that. I do remember the green cross code man though.
Earl Jones was brought in just to the voice, if you can hunt down a clip of Prowse doing the lines it’s funny as hell. It’s also how they kept everyone out of the loop about Vader revealing he was Luke’s dad. The actual line said on the sound stage was “Ben Kenobi killed your father” so nobody on set could spoil it, I think Hamill was taken aside and told just before the filming and he was the only one apart from Lucas and Kirshner (the director) who knew what the true reveal would be.

I honestly didn't know that. I do remember the green cross code man though.
No exaggeration to say that many of us who grew up during the 60's & 70's in an era of rapidly increasing traffic literally owe our lives to him. @Blue Mist got 'touched' by him on an early episode of Jim'll fixit though apparently.

Saw him in Waterstones in Liverpool years ago signing copies of his book. Well, he was all set up to sign them only there were was no one there at the time and he waa patiently waiting for a customers book to sign. Remember him being very tall. RIP David , always rememver Green Cross Code Man who highlighted road safety for kids.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.