RIP Eddie Large

RIP Eddie, and thanks for the kind words re my scattershot input to 'King Of The Kippax' back in the day. Those words meant so much to me. Fair travels, mate.

I lived in Reading in the late 70's early 80's and I remember getting on a train to go to Ipswich (via London) and these two guys were on board, travelling second class. I knew Eddie was a big city fan (think Sid was too) and sat opposite them fir the journey into London.

Real nice genuine down to earth guys, a great laugh.

RIP Eddie, thoughts are with your family right now.

saw these at a couple of seaside end of the pier shows, but only talked to him once, it was after we beat Ipswich fa cup semi final at villa park, we was walking back to our car and along comes this big blue RR and it was eddy, wound the window down and said how do we get away from this shit hole[ villa park ] and I just grabbed his hand and shook it he just laughed and had a chat for a few mins b4 a few other blues saw him and started to dance around his car, he just laughed and drove off

RIP EDDY

Top blue and comedy legend has died

Aged 78

Feel gutted about this tbh honest Eddie is one of us :-(

An in-law of mine!

So, my wife has lost her dad and her great-uncle in 3 weeks!

RIP :(

Coronavirus as well :(

As far as I know, not directly due to the virus.

Contracted it as a secondary condition as he was fighting heart failure at the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.