RIP Ennio Morricone

This is gutting news, I loved his work.
I recently did a cover of The Ecstasy of Gold as well, I think it was the best of his work, the best I heard anyway.
R.I.P.

Have a listen to "Once upon a time in the West" one of the best and evocative pieces of music written. Andre Rieu did it at a concert in Italy and it is a really atmospheric setting. RIP

Leone said his movies could have been silent . The genius of morricone and his music were all they needed.
People often mention legend when paying tribute to someone who has passed. In this instance legend doesn't even do his talent Justice.

Last edited:
Absolute genius,would the spaghetti westerns or a lot of other films he composed the score for be as good without his music? Im not sure, some iconic stuff in his repertoir. I regularly find myself humming his music while going about my everyday business,and that is a great legacy.The clips of his concerts that I have seen look superb too,RIP.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.