RIP Ian St John...

Nice to see mostly positive comments. He was a very good player who wouldnt back down in confrontation with players twice his size. He sparked one guy at anfield and knocked him clean out. Walked off before the ref had time to send him off. Christ he even had to be separated from Ron Yeats who was 6ft 5 inches in training and Ron was his best mate. He said himself that his temper wasn't a good thing but being afraid on nobody was. He was a good bloke . Plenty of people I know who have met him on numerous accasions will vouch for that but as Adolf Hitler said. You can't please everyone
A Liverpool legend and what a great name for a footballer The Saint

Great footballer and a really nice guy. He was well respected by the Blue side of the city as well and would have time for people who he met. A good guy RIP

In the Kop for this match 2-1 up, minutes to go, played really well so much the scouser's were clapping City to a man( I know unbelievable but true) then in true 'typical City' style, bang, bang 2-3, dipper fans couldn't believe their luck.
What I couldn't remember Ian St John scored 2. The days when football was football, for men not Jessie's.
https://www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/512

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.