RIP Ken Dodd

Another one of his takes on the legendary lawyer George Carmen successfully defending him;-
''He got me off, but when I got his bill it would have been cheaper paying the tax!"

Another part of my childhood departs. A couple of Christmases my dad took us over to Liverpool to see his show. My brother's birthday was Christmas day and my dad must have written to Ken and told him because half way through the show he asked my brother to stand on his seat and led the whole audience on singing "happy birthday. Innocent days.

Married his partner of 40 years on Friday
What a character and a legend.
One of the very few to make it in Liverpool and never leave....
He will forget be synonymous with Knotty Ash

One of the Scousers who thought Liverpool was the place, and stayed to sing its praises - unlike those who sang from the rooftops of Bucks and Berks.

Diddy dead - and the Diddy Men dud.

RIP. I must be just me but I never found him funny.
No, he never really got me laughing, either, but a genius all the same. My mum will be distraught at this, absolutely loved him.

A brilliant entertainer.

RIP Doddy, look after yer dad's dog, up there.

Two of my favourite Ken Dodd lines:

"What a wonderful day for sticking a cucumber through someone's letterbox and shouting 'The Martians are coming!'"
"Have you all done your tax returns? That self-assessment, I invented that"

Wonderful man. Saw him about 4 years ago and his jokes were all as old as him but it really was the way he told them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.