Macclesfield FC

League One and Two clubs get £27m of solidarity payments from the Premier League between them. In League Two, they get less than half a million per club. The PL could double that with cash they've found down the back of the sofa.

Just seen one of their fans on BBC news channel saying they've been relegated 9 divisions and that they hope to found a phoenix club.

The first of many this season, the football league as we know it may well be over by 2021.

Shame really.

bigger clubs than macc will fold over the next year or so, football league and the FA should be getting hold of football and try to stop this happening because of covid-19, maybe letting clubs go semi professional in the football league

Yep, semi-pro is the sensible way forward for quite few teams. No sustainability otherwise.

Yep, semi-pro is the sensible way forward for quite few teams. No sustainability otherwise.

sadly for many lower league clubs its the only way they can carry on, maybe league 1 and 2 teams will have to look at being semi-pro and the football league has to change the rules and even revamp the lower league system

maybe the championship could become premier league 2 and then the football league can become semi-pro and make 3 new leagues, because some of the non league clubs are better run then the league clubs, i could easy see 60 clubs making 3 new leagues, even if they have to be semi-pro i think football and their fans will rather see that then nothing at all

sadly for many lower league clubs its the only way they can carry on, maybe league 1 and 2 teams will have to look at being semi-pro and the football league has to change the rules and even revamp the lower league system

maybe the championship could become premier league 2 and then the football league can become semi-pro and make 3 new leagues, because some of the non league clubs are better run then the league clubs, i could easy see 60 clubs making 3 new leagues, even if they have to be semi-pro i think football and their fans will rather see that then nothing at all

Spot on mate; agree with that wholeheartedly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.