RIP MIKE DOYLE

Only just seen this.

Horrible news.

I'll never forget it when he coached me as a kid at school. Top top man.

Very sad news.

As a long-suffering fellow Blue, I am glad he got to see us lift the cup and challenge at the top end of the league before he passed away.

Fond memories of Mike including after one away match at Nottingham Forest. We were driving home when we suddenly found we were behind the team bus after following it for a few miles it turned into a Hotel car park. We made a snap decision and also entered the
Hotel car park, we then made our way into the hotel where an employee said "are you with the Man City team" we replied in the affirmative and were ushered into a side room with its own bar. We meekly sat in a corner and tried to look inconspicuous whilst the players tucked into plates of sandwiches and downed a few bevies. As the players set off to leave Mike Doyle walked over to our table and handed us two plates of sandwiches "here you are lads get stuck into those" he said.

What a warrior and great City player he was - RIP Mike gone but not forgotten.

I've just found out and i'm gutted to the pit of my stomach. Mike was City captain when I first started going as a little lad. Rest in peace Mike and god bless your family x

Gray said:
Fond memories of Mike including after one away match at Nottingham Forest. We were driving home when we suddenly found we were behind the team bus after following it for a few miles it turned into a Hotel car park. We made a snap decision and also entered the
Hotel car park, we then made our way into the hotel where an employee said "are you with the Man City team" we replied in the affirmative and were ushered into a side room with its own bar. We meekly sat in a corner and tried to look inconspicuous whilst the players tucked into plates of sandwiches and downed a few bevies. As the players set off to leave Mike Doyle walked over to our table and handed us two plates of sandwiches "here you are lads get stuck into those" he said.

What a warrior and great City player he was - RIP Mike gone but not forgotten.

Great story....Mike Doyle a man amongst men.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.