RIP Rob Rensenbrink / Wim Jansen (p3)

He was a part of the "Total Football " team along with Pep's mentor Johann Cruyff.
So when we watch our beloved City team play in the FA Cup later today we will have a direct connection to Robbie and the other Dutch players of the 1970s.
He was a true "Dutch Master".
R.I.P. Robbie .

Last edited:
RIP Rob. A member of a truly great team. Who can forget keeper Jongbloed (sp?) dribbling to the halfway line? That's what I call a sweeper keeper. The Cruyff turn. Great shooting from outside the box. Magic.
Edit PS. Best shooter was, I now recall, Johnny Rep.

Last edited:
No way, that is soooo weird, I was searching and reading about Robbie literally two days ago when I was remembering when Anderlecht beat West Ham 4-2 in the Cup Winners cup final !
Very sad to hear , what a fantastic player he was, one of my favourite players of all time, utter class and would have graced any team in the modern era.

R.I.P Robbie and thank you for some wonderful childhood memories !

For those who didn't get to see him, here's a clip of that final, one of my favourite non City matches.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.