RIP Rob Rensenbrink / Wim Jansen (p3)

Which Dutch team in the 70s came to Wembley and gave England a lesson. I seem to recall Dave Watson and A N Other played centre as 2 centre halves. The press were saying nobody will get past them so Holland played without a centre forward, Watson and his partner did not know what was going on. Hope my memory is not playing tricks, suppose someone will let me know!
Our kid (a lot older than me) went to see City play a friendly at Maine Rd against Ajax in either 68 or 69. He said he didn't have a clue what on earth was going on with the Ajax team as he'd never seen football like it in his life. He forgot all about them until 1971 when they became European Champions. We forget just how unusual this total football was at the time.

Which Dutch team in the 70s came to Wembley and gave England a lesson. I seem to recall Dave Watson and A N Other played centre as 2 centre halves. The press were saying nobody will get past them so [B][SIZE=4]Holland played without a centre forward,[/SIZE][/B] Watson and his partner did not know what was going on. Hope my memory is not playing tricks, suppose someone will let me know!
Don't believe that...... what kind of a shit manager would pick a team without a recognisable centre forward?

No way, that is soooo weird, I was searching and reading about Robbie literally two days ago when I was remembering when Anderlecht beat West Ham 4-2 in the Cup Winners cup final !
Very sad to hear , what a fantastic player he was, one of my favourite players of all time, utter class and would have graced any team in the modern era.

R.I.P Robbie and thank you for some wonderful childhood memories !

For those who didn't get to see him, here's a clip of that final, one of my favourite non City matches.

I remember that game, who was the hammers keeper? for some reason I thought it was gordon west, but thinking about it he played for the toffees?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.