Ripped off by fake site - advice please

BLUEYESTU

Just over a week ago my Bluetooth speaker started playing up so I thought I’d treat myself to a new one as a kind of early birthday present seeing as me and the wife recently split and I’m also nearly 7 weeks sober (see my alcoholic thread).
I chose the JBL Charge 4 and found a site called SalePhase where I could get it with £10 off and free delivery, total cost of £96.
They sent me a confirmation email with a delivery date of the 16th and a link to track my order. I checked the link yesterday and it wouldn’t load up no matter how many computers I tried, so then I tried their main website - it’s disappeared!
A bit of Google sleuthing soon revealed it’s a fake business and others have been taken in by this site and lost their money. I paid for it with my debit card so filled out an online form with NatWest but don’t hold out much hope of getting my money back.
Can anyone tell me what my chances are and what rules do banks usually follow? This is money I really can’t afford to lose.

My advice is if it's a lot cheaper for a branded product on a site than it is on most other sites, then you're taking a risk. And I'm not blaming you as I nearly got caught out when trying to buy a replacement big Maglite torch. I was just about to put my card details in and hit enter when something made me stop and check up site reviews. They were awful so I hurriedly abandoned the transaction.

Just over a week ago my Bluetooth speaker started playing up so I thought I’d treat myself to a new one as a kind of early birthday present seeing as me and the wife recently split and I’m also nearly 7 weeks sober (see my alcoholic thread).
I chose the JBL Charge 4 and found a site called SalePhase where I could get it with £10 off and free delivery, total cost of £96.
They sent me a confirmation email with a delivery date of the 16th and a link to track my order. I checked the link yesterday and it wouldn’t load up no matter how many computers I tried, so then I tried their main website - it’s disappeared!
A bit of Google sleuthing soon revealed it’s a fake business and others have been taken in by this site and lost their money. I paid for it with my debit card so filled out an online form with NatWest but don’t hold out much hope of getting my money back.
Can anyone tell me what my chances are and what rules do banks usually follow? This is money I really can’t afford to lose.
Lost some flights to Flybe folding last year, which I'd purchased with a Nat West debit card.
Filled in the online form, as you have and was refunded around 6 weeks later. Hopefully you'll have the same outcome.

Oh the JBL Charge 4, I'm thinking of getting that, how is it? Oh right yeah....

Unlucky pal, hope some of the more useful posters sorts you out

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.