Rivals tactics next season

As we have seen this season a lot of teams have been sitting back with lots of men behind the ball, will they do the same next season?. As we all know it has been a fantastic recording breaking season but watching all the attack v defence games has been frustrating and boring ( not city’s fault) . I just hope they come out and have a go next season rather than play for a point or hope for a set piece goal or a goal on the break, he’ll even the scum played like this !!!

I think we’ll get more of the same, sadly. Endless parked buses, with the occasional long ball counterattack. It’s one of the reasons I hope that we plump for an out and out centre forward this summer rather than another Mahrez/Griezmann (great players though they are) style link man

I think that the OP is right about how teams will play against us and hope that Pep will be working of ways to break down massed defenses. I know that we have been largely successful this season but, at times, it has gone right to the wire which ain't good for my nerves.

One tactic I think could work would be to occassionally push one of our centre halfs forward in open play and get Leroy/Raheem/Bernardo to hug the touchline and ping crosses in. Not suggesting the stereotypical hoof it to the big man - just giving opponents defenses a different problem to solve.

I am already excited about next season - seeing what Mendy can do, watching Leroy/Raz/Jesus mature and Foden/Diaz get more minutes. Just hope that KdB is not too knackered after the World Cup.

That is indredibly egotistical. I hope the current squad does not think like this. All it takes is one bad injury to KDB or Sterling or Sane and we will struggle. We have to be as hungry next season as we were this season. Liverpool will improve next season. United will improve next season. We should not rest on our laurels. We need to be hungry next season.

The amazing thing about the premier league is a challenger can come from anywhere. Because of the money in the league.
Sure Pep and the players will not be resting on their laurels. What I was trying to point out was that the current Liverpool love in was ridiculous. Yes they made the CL final but in terms of the PL they have a long way to go Would expect United to finish above them again.
For me the challengers could be Chelsea if they get the right man in.

I think that the OP is right about how teams will play against us and hope that Pep will be working of ways to break down massed defenses. I know that we have been largely successful this season but, at times, it has gone right to the wire which ain't good for my nerves.

One tactic I think could work would be to occassionally push one of our centre halfs forward in open play and get Leroy/Raheem/Bernardo to hug the touchline and ping crosses in. Not suggesting the stereotypical hoof it to the big man - just giving opponents defenses a different problem to solve.

I am already excited about next season - seeing what Mendy can do, watching Leroy/Raz/Jesus mature and Foden/Diaz get more minutes. Just hope that KdB is not too knackered after the World Cup.

We’ve hugged the touchline against both Huddersfield and Southampton recently, and the doubling up on Leroy and Raheem has been almost instantaneous. Leroy kept having to come inside yesterday, often going past 4 or 5 opponents in the process, but still to no avail. Since Kun’s been out I think we’ve really missed a presence down the middle we can play off

As we have seen this season a lot of teams have been sitting back with lots of men behind the ball, will they do the same next season?. As we all know it has been a fantastic recording breaking season but watching all the attack v defence games has been frustrating and boring ( not city’s fault) . I just hope they come out and have a go next season rather than play for a point or hope for a set piece goal or a goal on the break, he’ll even the scum played like this !!!

Nah, it really hasn't been boring. Also, fantastic for my stress levels when teams don't attack us.

We’ve hugged the touchline against both Huddersfield and Southampton recently, and the doubling up on Leroy and Raheem has been almost instantaneous. Leroy kept having to come inside yesterday, often going past 4 or 5 opponents in the process, but still to no avail. Since Kun’s been out I think we’ve really missed a presence down the middle we can play off

Even with Kun in there I think we struggle against packed defenses. I wonder with Mendy fit whether we will go back to two up front (3-5-2) although it would be difficult to leave Sane (and Raheem) out.

I would like to see what Pep could do with Alvaro Morata. He is a very technical player but has physical presence as well.

Cannot wait until next season - will try to enjoy the World Cup but will be worried about our lads getting crocked.

Liverpool will win the prem unless pep finds a way of beating them 1to1.

If they don't win the CL they will be won't be up for it next season though

No one else matters

This has to be a Clarkie.. You realise even if they beat us twice in the league we're still ahead 19 points, right?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.