Riyad Mahrez - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADegenerate

I think this is a signing that is going to be exactly what you expect that you’re getting. He’s going to be a serious threat on set pieces, in open play, and in tight spaces. He played that cute little ball on a corner that created the only slight chance that I can remember from the match.

KDB/Mahrez debates on set pieces are going to be a nightmare for defenses.

Cleared his throat tonight and will take a few more weeks to warm up, but we won’t see ANYTHING like what we are hoping for until he gets on the pitch with the first teamers.

I think everyone is salivating waiting for a counterattack with Mahrez, Silva, Sané, KDB, and Aguero running at full tilt, with Mendy and Walker flying down the wings in support.

Cleared his throat tonight and will take a few more weeks to warm up, but we won’t see ANYTHING like what we are hoping for until he gets on the pitch with the first teamers.

I think everyone is salivating waiting for a counterattack with Mahrez, Silva, Sané, KDB, and Aguero running at full tilt, with Mendy and Walker flying down the wings in support.

You are absolutely right but then a lot of the kids playing in these games won't be given the same leeway. They are expected to be spot on now, or not good enough wheras Mahrez will get as much time as he wants.

Hard to judge on the Dortmund game , but showed flashes of real class and his dead balls could be really valuable this season , he cant half take a free kick , something we havent had since Yaya used to knock them in on a weekly basis

Had a reasonable debut, will only get better and will flourish with the first team

You are absolutely right but then a lot of the kids playing in these games won't be given the same leeway. They are expected to be spot on now, or not good enough wheras Mahrez will get as much time as he wants.
That’s because he has already proven his worth at the highest level, and these kids have not. When they do, they too will get some forebearance. Chicken meet egg, I know, but all in good time.

Wonder how many free kicks he will score for us. He looks deadly from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.