Riyad Mahrez - 2018/2019 performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by ADegenerate, 21 Jul 2018.

1. ADegenerate

ADegenerate

I think this is a signing that is going to be exactly what you expect that you’re getting. He’s going to be a serious threat on set pieces, in open play, and in tight spaces. He played that cute little ball on a corner that created the only slight chance that I can remember from the match.

KDB/Mahrez debates on set pieces are going to be a nightmare for defenses.

2. ChicagoBlue

ChicagoBlue

Cleared his throat tonight and will take a few more weeks to warm up, but we won’t see ANYTHING like what we are hoping for until he gets on the pitch with the first teamers.

I think everyone is salivating waiting for a counterattack with Mahrez, Silva, Sané, KDB, and Aguero running at full tilt, with Mendy and Walker flying down the wings in support.

3. Decc66

Decc66

He looked an absolute pain in the arse to get the ball off, very excited by this signing.

dranks70 likes this.
  4. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

You are absolutely right but then a lot of the kids playing in these games won't be given the same leeway. They are expected to be spot on now, or not good enough wheras Mahrez will get as much time as he wants.

5. waspish

waspish

Thought he played ok seeing he was playing with our youth team

6. jimmygrimblesboots

jimmygrimblesboots

Hard to judge on the Dortmund game , but showed flashes of real class and his dead balls could be really valuable this season , he cant half take a free kick , something we havent had since Yaya used to knock them in on a weekly basis

7. City_Sean

City_Sean

Hard to judge last night as some of the youngsters just weren't on the same level as him. Really excited to see what he can bring.

8. Withnail

Withnail

Had a reasonable debut, will only get better and will flourish with the first team

9. ChicagoBlue

ChicagoBlue

That’s because he has already proven his worth at the highest level, and these kids have not. When they do, they too will get some forebearance. Chicken meet egg, I know, but all in good time.

10. RandomJ

RandomJ

Wonder how many free kicks he will score for us. He looks deadly from them.