Riyad Mahrez - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edin was immense for us,i loved him and couldn't understand the grief he got,his goals got us over the line in both 2012/2014 ,players miss chances shocker,he was a clumsy fucker but i found that amusing,he is still a city fan and talks about us really fondly as does Aleks,both boo boys and both right to give it back to the fans
We've got some right shite following us.

I dissagree, sure Dzeko divided opinion sonewhat, but his contribution was immeasurably more than Mahrez even in his first season . He scored many important goals before Pellegrini came in, especially when Sergio was injured. We also never really played to his strengths. He is a 6.4 target man and often we played quick short balls to his feet and not crosses into the box. But it all aboug opinions. Mahrez cost in excess of 60m and has played in the PL for 4 years . Dzeko came from the Bundesliga
Mahrez has already scored important goals for us, too, and provided crucial assists. He was the difference away at Watford, he was the difference away at Spurs, he was the difference a couple of weeks ago against Bournemouth. He's not turned it on anywhere near enough, but neither had Dzeko by the time Mancini left. But regardless, I'm not saying Mahrez has contributed as much as Dzeko had by this stage in his City career, I'm just saying that Mahrez is as inconsistent as Dzeko could be at times. You never know which version of Mahrez you're going to get when he starts games, just like we weren't quite sure which version of Dzeko you were supposed to expect. It was a loose comparison that really didn't warrant the kind of response it's received.

Edin was immense for us,i loved him and couldn't understand the grief he got,his goals got us over the line in both 2012/2014 ,players miss chances shocker,he was a clumsy fucker but i found that amusing,he is still a city fan and talks about us really fondly as does Aleks,both boo boys and both right to give it back to the fans
But most of what you're saying is rooted in the fond memories you've been able to build up about Edin since he left - "He is still a City fan and talks about us really fondly" is something that's become apparent since his departure. I remember the running joke about him that he could often trap a ball as far as some defenders clear it, our fans used to boo him for his abject and uncomfortable performances before claiming he wasn't good enough. It's easy to forget these things happened.

Mahrez has already scored important goals for us, too, and provided crucial assists. He was the difference away at Watford, he was the difference away at Spurs, he was the difference a couple of weeks ago against Bournemouth. He's not turned it on anywhere near enough, but neither had Dzeko by the time Mancini left. But regardless, I'm not saying Mahrez has contributed as much as Dzeko had by this stage in his City career, I'm just saying that Mahrez is as inconsistent as Dzeko could be at times. You never know which version of Mahrez you're going to get when he starts games, just like we weren't quite sure which version of Dzeko you were supposed to expect. It was a loose comparison that really didn't warrant the kind of response it's received.

Didnt warrant the response that it received? !! I am sorry but although I fully respect your opinion, I am also perfectly entitled to dissagree with it however much I want. That's what a forum is all about differing opinions. I happened to be a fan who appreciated Dzeko, I am struggling to see what Mahrez brings to our team. I doubt very much we would have made him our record buy based on his form since he joined us. He is currently living off past glories and despite Peps public defence of him, which is to be expected, I believe he expects significantly more from Mahrez.

Didnt warrant the response that it received? !! I am sorry but although I fully respect your opinion, I am also perfectly entitled to dissagree with it however much I want. That's what a forum is all about differing opinions. I happened to be a fan who appreciated Dzeko, I am struggling to see what Mahrez brings to our team. I doubt very much we would have made him our record buy based on his form since he joined us. He is currently living off past glories and despite Peps public defence of him, which is to be expected, I believe he expects significantly more from Mahrez.
Edin was here 4 1/2 seasons I think?
A bit early to compare their contributions yet.

From the MEN.

"I have the feeling - I know we will be judged because we were losing 2-0 - but I had the feeling that he played good, so he is playing good," the City boss said.

"I am not a guy who even that…you know that we are here together two or three seasons here when we drop points or lose points, points at someone? Never so always very demanding.

"He is training hard and play as much good as possible. That is the only way. Everyone is going to play, we need ten minutes or 15 minutes as good as possible, and it’s not about that.

"I think that we are here so far because of everybody, not just for 11 or 12 players, it’s about everyone who makes their own contribution and it was massive."

There you go. He plays as much good as possible and is massive.

That should end all argument.

There you go. He plays as much good as possible and is massive.

That should end all argument.
Pep just doing his job but I think he has previous for continuing to play under performing payers eg a certain goalkeeper.

We all hope he comes good but as before Pep decides the team and frankly I think he may be slightly better at it than the majority on this forum.

Yep they both got quite abit of abuse from poster here. I remember defending them from unwarranted bashing and I was accused of being a bosinian or serb which was hilarious but shows the mentality of the mob. Not only them but Mario too who I thought got alot of unnecessary flak.

Back on topic, I think mahrez will still play an important part in the final part of the season maybe score important goals so give him some time. There still alot of time for him to prove his importance. It not easy to excel with attacking players we have. Totally different situation from Leicester.

But most of what you're saying is rooted in the fond memories you've been able to build up about Edin since he left - "He is still a City fan and talks about us really fondly" is something that's become apparent since his departure. I remember the running joke about him that he could often trap a ball as far as some defenders clear it, our fans used to boo him for his abject and uncomfortable performances before claiming he wasn't good enough. It's easy to forget these things happened.
Wrong,i loved him whilst he was here and spent the whole time sticking up for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.