Riyad Mahrez - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He needs to understand that he’s playing with Aguero, Silva, Sterling, Bernardo etc and not Okazaki, Albrighton, Drinkwater and Andy King. And that maybe he should let the TEAM do the damage rather than attempt everything alone.

fine margins. if he'd blootered the ball into the top corner and brought home the points, he'd be a hit. As it is he needs to win back a large chunk of fans it seems.

fine margins. if he'd blootered the ball into the top corner and brought home the points, he'd be a hit. As it is he needs to win back a large chunk of fans it seems.

Why does he need to bring back a large chunk of fans? His all round performance was good and will continue to improve. His penalty miss is a shame, but it happens and we move on.

Why does he need to bring back a large chunk of fans? His all round performance was good and will continue to improve. His penalty miss is a shame, but it happens and we move on.

i agree! but reading this forum makes me think otherwise.... plenty of hate about. but it is BM.

At the moment he just doesn't fit into the team, the word team being the operative word. He is playing for himself, wanting to be the main man to the detriment of the end result. Yesterday he shot probably three times from very narrow angles when passing to a teammate may have won us the game. Pep needs to impress this into him very quickly or he will be restricted to a role from the bench until.he learns.

His body language is terrible. Constantly slumps his shoulders, doesn't look confident at all.

Will give him more time but with his age and Prem experience he needs to be gelling in quicker
Agreed - his body language is poor and it shows in his play - I have been saying for weeks now he is not performing and I do not see what he brings to the side.
Yesterday we should have had Sterling and Sane as the wide men.
Given the games Maghreb has played / come on as sub, he should know what is expected of him....but I fear he is simply not good enough

He’s a highly paid grown man footballer.

He’s not forced to do anything.

Forced is probably too strong a word but it doesn't change the fact he was told to take it. The fact he's highly paid and a grown man aren't really relevant here, just like any other adult at work, he has to do as instructed by his manager. Refusing to take it would have reflected even more badly on him (especially if Jesus had missed which isn't that hard to imagine given he's missed his past two).

Forced is probably too strong a word but it doesn't change the fact he was told to take it. The fact he's highly paid and a grown man aren't really relevant here, just like any other adult at work, he has to do as instructed by his manager. Refusing to take it would have reflected even more badly on him (especially if Jesus had missed which isn't that hard to imagine given he's missed his past two).
So you don’t think he wanted it?

You think it was against his will?

Pep said he wanted to take it in his press conference. I’m gonna trust him over you and Dax sorry.

Agreed - his body language is poor and it shows in his play - I have been saying for weeks now he is not performing and I do not see what he brings to the side.
Yesterday we should have had Sterling and Sane as the wide men.
Given the games Maghreb has played / come on as sub, he should know what is expected of him....but I fear he is simply not good enough

Why does everyone seem to ignore how much Sane let us down the last time we played at Anfield?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.