Riyad Mahrez - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd argue that he is ahead of where both Bernardo and Leroy were 3 months into their City career to be honest. I don't think we saw anything at all from Sane until the January (might have been the Arsenal game). He's been excellent.
His initial performances were marred by petulance - lack of effort, especially on defense.

To his credit, Mahrez has cut this out of his game - he's been excellent on both sides of the ball lately, and has been one of our very best players.

You were saying...?
All he’s offered so far is a check inside and play a square ball. Horrible feeling we have another Bony on our hands. I was against the signing in the first place as it’s also one less chance for Diaz to break through plus I was never sure we actually needed him. 28 soon too so not get any younger.

You shouldn’t need time to adapt when you cost a record £60m.

I'd argue that he is ahead of where both Bernardo and Leroy were 3 months into their City career to be honest. I don't think we saw anything at all from Sane until the January (might have been the Arsenal game). He's been excellent.

Agreed I think Mahrez is well ahead of most in how quickly he seems to be adapting. He now just needs to destroy that shower of shit on Sunday.

2 funny moments, I guess that involved him:

1. On the penalty, he signaled to Ederson which way to go and Ederson went the opposite way. The way Mahrez pointed to was the way that Martial went. Mahrez gestured afterwards that I told you so.
2. Second incident, right before he was subbed off, is when he let Martial run off of him and Fernandinho had to foul him. Fernandinho after the play grabbed him by the back of the jersey and let him know to stay with his man!!!

2 funny moments, I guess that involved him:

1. On the penalty, he signaled to Ederson which way to go and Ederson went the opposite way. The way Mahrez pointed to was the way that Martial went. Mahrez gestured afterwards that I told you so.
2. Second incident, right before he was subbed off, is when he let Martial run off of him and Fernandinho had to foul him. Fernandinho after the play grabbed him by the back of the jersey and let him know to stay with his man!!!
I'd go with;

1. He held is position at the edge of the box before the first goal which kept their defence from dropping deeper allowing the space for the cross to fall and Bernardo to run into.

2. His run off the ball created the space Sergio immediately ran into upon receiving his perfectly weighted return pass for the second goal.

I know Sané/Mahrez is the one main question mark each week but for me, atm, it's Mahrez. He brings that little bit more technicality and intelligence in our overall play.

I'd go with;

1. He held is position at the edge of the box before the first goal which kept their defence from dropping deeper allowing the space for the cross to fall and Bernardo to run into.

2. His run off the ball created the space Sergio immediately ran into upon receiving his perfectly weighted return pass for the second goal.

I know Sané/Mahrez is the one main question mark each week but for me, atm, it's Mahrez. He brings that little bit more technicality and intelligence in our overall play.

Thanks for mentioning the positive aspects of his performance today although mine weren’t meant to be a critique but just rather unusual events I observed.

i think if he throws in a few runs on the outside of the left back, he'll become a whole new level of dangerous. At the moment his desire to cut onto his left is almost dogmatic, his whole body and stance is geared to cutting in, i dont think i've seen him go back outside yet.

he was ok yesterday, really tidy assist for Aguero

Looks quite settled now, we're spoiled for choice when it comes to which wingers will be playing game to game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.