#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe not on his best form, like Kev.
But Kev is working his arse off and Mahrez kicks a ball every now and then.

I've come to the point I can't stand his poor attitude anymore and if doable alternatives arise I'd happily say good-bye.

He was a right sulky twat as well.
I watched a lot of Leverkusen's games since the restart, mostly to see what all the hype about Havertz was all about. Bailey and Diaby were ALWAYS the two players who stood out for them. Havertz has the ability to get on the stat sheet but I was unimpressed by him to put it nicely. Bailey is explosive, has a big left foot and was working very hard defensively from what I saw. We could surly get him on a cheap as well.

I think we may see a surprise sale or two as well as those already earmarked to leave. He may be moved on. For me, we look better without Riyad in the side and whereas going forward he looks great his attempts at tackling and busting a cut to get back when he's lost possession is very poor. Could see him doing really well at PSG or in Italy. I'm really glad his goalscoring record this year has been very good because it will effect those coming in for him. No doubt he is a good, no excellent player but as I've said before we look far more dangerous with Phil in his position. Torres will also add a new dimension to us. We need pace, youth and hunger to get us beyond Liverpool and perhaps Chelsea next year. Don't know what Pep thinks because he always said as ling as he is manager Bernardo will be going nowhere - we shall see.

Well, Pep did start that skinny kid instead of Mahrez in the last 2 matches.
Mahrez has to take care or he finds himself behind Phil in the pecking order.
Maybe he already is.
Esp. as he doesn't offer a 2nd or 3rd position to play on, like many others do.

And as I said, depending on a better alternative.
That said, he has 3 more years on the contract and I want him to work harder and show more commitment.
Scoring the 4th in a match is nice but not what I mean.

Last edited:
Maybe not on his best form, like Kev.
But Kev is working his arse off and Mahrez kicks a ball every now and then.

I've come to the point I can't stand his poor attitude anymore and if doable alternatives arise I'd happily say good-bye.

He was a right sulky twat as well.

He has a remarkable ability unmatched by anyone else in the squad to give the ball away cheaply in incredibly dangerous positions and then do nothing about it.

In each of his last 3 games where he's been a sub, someone has bust a gut pressing and closing down, won the ball back, passed it to him and he's just had it taken off and a counterattack culminating in a big chance was the result.

I don't see what he gives us that Bernardo or Foden don't on form - presumably nor does Pep because he barely played when bernie was in form - other than admittedly being quite good at turning 4-0's in 5-0 and 6-0's in to 7-0.

People talk about how he is willing to shoot from range when other people aren't but the number of times he butchers a goal through selfish play vastly outweighs that.

And the way he slows us down by always, always checking inside. FFS doesn't even begin to cover it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.