#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need much more pressing actually from everyone around Messi. His workrate off the ball is shit he is literally walking around.

This has to be balanced out by Pep by having Bernardo, Foden, Rodri, Sterling, KDB, Jesus even Kun and the fullbacks work their ass off the ball.

Mahrez cannot do that, he is not built for that.

If Messi does not come Mahrez has to stay for sure and will play plenty of games.
If Messi comes that will change everything for Mahrez.
If Mahrez still stays than Torres will play Carabao only which wont be a huge debut season for him.

Given the financials around Messi it might worth to get a good fee for Mahrez and remove his salary to offset the Messi impact.

I would be ok to lose Mahrez much more than Bernardo or Jesus who both have a good future and resale value later on.

I like Mahrez, he improved a lot with his pressing and defending, but don't think Messi and Mahrez can play together unfortunately. Without Messi, Mahrez is a must.

I'd honestly be interested to see Jesus LW - Mahrez False 9 - Sterling RW

I think we get alot more out of Mahrez as a false 9, and he doesn't need to run as much as on the wings to defend imo.

Jesus being equally fine imo on the LW and Sterling RW as well, this just makes sense to me.

I feel like Mahrez essentially has the same tool kit False 9 Messi did back in the day, but just in a lite form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.