#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Infuriating player who can be brilliant one minute and then shit the next. Never seems to beat a fb on the outside and always goes inside.

Our wingers rarely beat a FB on the outside because we play them on opposite wings so they have to stop and cut back inside, this infuriates me and slows down our attacks.

Wish we had the Leicester Mahrez instead of this one.

He doesn't seem to play well against deeper defensive teams who park the bus I've noticed. Almost as if giving him more time to think on the ball in a possession based setup brings errors out of him.

Leicester were very much a counter attacking side and didn't have teams park the bus against them. That seems to be his type of game, where he's playing quicker and more on instinct.

You seem to misunderstand the purpose of a right winger in Pep's system. They're not the ones to dribble 1 on 1 a lot, they're the ones to stretch the pitch as much as possible. Both Bernardo and Mahrez are incredibly good on the ball, it means they often get doubled up but because of their amazing close ball control and first touch they rarely lose the ball. Thus, it creates space in half spaces (channel between the centre and flank) where KDB operates. KDB has the best delivery of a cross in the world football. Additionally, they're both left-footed so its natural that they'll be cutting inside a lot when they do play 1 on 1. But still the way they play 1 on 1 is more about time delay so that 3-4 City players could arrive into the box and not beating their direct opponent. Both Mahrez and Bernardo can whip the ball in with their left foot as well if the movement to free up KDB fails.

Mahrez is sort of a victim of Pep's system because he doesn't have much freedom to operate, exploit open spaces.

I am not a fan. Too one dimensional for City. Forget stats and analysis, he is a luxury player.
For all his faults Sane >>> Mahrez. Sane is more effective in terms of pace, trickery, assists, getting in the box and scoring.

I am not a fan. Too one dimensional for City. Forget stats and analysis, he is a luxury player.
For all his faults Sane >>> Mahrez. Sane is more effective in terms of pace, trickery, assists, getting in the box and scoring.
Why would you ignore stats,his goals and assists were way nto double figures last season and he started off well till pep rotated uneccessarily

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.