#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew the game was gone as soon as foden replaced him. Say what you like about Mahrez but he along with kdb are the only two players in our squad who are capable of that moment of magic from nowhere and to take him off was baffling.

I think I'd actually prefer it if we had him on the bench to bring on when all else fails. You're right that he has that moment of magic even during shit performances but that should be a last resort.

I think I'd actually prefer it if we had him on the bench to bring on when all else fails. You're right that he has that moment of magic even during shit performances but that should be a last resort.

Definitely the best option and the most effective idea is that,especially when defenders are tiring he’s a perfect option to throw in with a trick or two for 20/25 mins,but that’s about it

For me, Mahrez is the Rodney Marsh de nos jours. Either brilliant, or does nowt and could be replaced by a corner flag - or me! When he's brilliant, he's really brilliant, when he's not, he might as well not be there.

Missed an easy pass to slot Sterling in late in the first half which isn't acceptable at this level. Keeps the ball too long at times and to the frustration of him teammates.

He is clearly a quality player with a great technique but everyone was playing the same way last night - keeping the ball too long and not playing enough pass and move football to break the opposition down.

He does seem to have one thought in his head when he gets the ball and that's "how can I score". Defensively I feel that Pep worries about a Mahrez/Mendy left side. Otherwise we should look to swap him and Sterling during games to see if them staying wide and going on the outside leads to more chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.