#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
it was probably the next move of the game that we conceded the goal - he’s awful,I’ve no idea why Pep perseveres with him

I actually think he maybe the main reason for the fall off from 2 years ago. We have changed our style just to accommodate him - Sane didn't get game time when fit and I'm sure that only helped him reach the decision to leave. Raheem now hardly ever plays in his best position of wide right. We all can see he's too greedy but it's the little things that he doesn't do that make me want him gone. Just a simple pass to a man clear through, a tactical foul, just like teams do every time Kev ran forward today, would have stopped the ball getting to Vardy in the box for the first pen - he had 2 chances to do it and take the booking but didn't - simply Jogged back then went to ground allowing the simple pass forward into the box. Yes our defence were rubbish today but you'd like to think after scoring that beauty he would have been strutting his stuff instead of sucking the life out of our forward play. Sadly Pep really rates him but I believe until we get rid and return to playing two wingers with pace, in their best position, we will not return to anywhere near 100 points again. You watch, Torres will just get odd minutes and lose all confidence to drift past players and end up trying too hard... As others have coined FFS Mahrez.

Good goal, good assist, terrible game. This team has a major Mahrez headache. At 1-1 today he had an easy pass on to Delap who would have been clean through but he chose to shoot. 2 mins later he's in the dm position (fuck knows why) and he plays a shocking pass back to Mendy which ends up near our corner flag and 30 seconds later the back of our net.

We have a lot of brain dead players and he's near the top of the list. He scores goals and he creates a few chances but he doesn't make our team better.

I actually think he maybe the main reason for the fall off from 2 years ago. We have changed our style just to accommodate him - Sane didn't get game time when fit and I'm sure that only helped him reach the decision to leave. Raheem now hardly ever plays in his best position of wide right. We all can see he's too greedy but it's the little things that he doesn't do that make me want him gone. Just a simple pass to a man clear through, a tactical foul, just like teams do every time Kev ran forward today, would have stopped the ball getting to Vardy in the box for the first pen - he had 2 chances to do it and take the booking but didn't - simply Jogged back then went to ground allowing the simple pass forward into the box. Yes our defence were rubbish today but you'd like to think after scoring that beauty he would have been strutting his stuff instead of sucking the life out of our forward play. Sadly Pep really rates him but I believe until we get rid and return to playing two wingers with pace, in their best position, we will not return to anywhere near 100 points again. You watch, Torres will just get odd minutes and lose all confidence to drift past players and end up trying too hard... As others have coined FFS Mahrez.

couldn’t agree more - buying Mahrez has been a disaster for the reasons you put forward so well.
It seems to be a blind spot for Pep which to me, for a manager of his experience, is mind blowing and really makes me wonder

Literally one minute later Leicester score. He’s so incredibly selfish. Produces a good number of G&A but he’s not a team player at all

That's what got me angry. Shocking decision making. Have you got a video of his pass just before they scored their second?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.