#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit hit and miss (the pass inside to Cancelo in the firs the first half was top class for example), but on the whole didn't deliver again. Fluffed a few and lightweight again. Just don't think he's got the bollocks
It’s his attitude,,reminds me of the rag martial only arsed when it suits him,and always wanting the ball to come to him never looking to go towards the ball from a pass ..he is technically a very gifted player but unfortunately doesn’t produce it enough..

He’s 30 in a couple of weeks. Need to offload him this summer if we’re to recoup any of the money we spent on him. Technically gifted, but very little pace and a heart like a field mouse. You can get a tune out of him if he’s got oceans of space, but against a low block where space is at a premium and physical contact likely, he’s worse than useless. I lost count of the times he tried to cut inside last night and promptly got robbed of the ball, and when he does go on the outside - preceded always by a stepover - he never has the acceleration to get far enough ahead of the covering fullback to prevent any subsequent cross being blocked at source. Plus he’s greedy. We carry him way too often in games. I’d be happy to see the back of him for someone younger and quicker

I think if city are aiming to bring messi and haaland in, which seems to be the case. One of our front players has to go and based off of this season I think it should be Mahrez. at 30, probs can get 25-30 mil but every year we keep that number goes down.

He’s 30 in a couple of weeks. Need to offload him this summer if we’re to recoup any of the money we spent on him. Technically gifted, but very little pace and a heart like a field mouse. You can get a tune out of him if he’s got oceans of space, but against a low block where space is at a premium and physical contact likely, he’s worse than useless. I lost count of the times he tried to cut inside last night and promptly got robbed of the ball, and when he does go on the outside - preceded always by a stepover - he never has the acceleration to get far enough ahead of the covering fullback to prevent any subsequent cross being blocked at source. Plus he’s greedy. We carry him way too often in games. I’d be happy to see the back of him for someone younger and quicker
We definetly need more speed at the front.We played with one winger and 5 midfielders yesterday and that only winger Mahrez isn´t fast.I think we will be pretty unbeatable with that kind of defence we have atm and with proper attacker upfront ,who can finish his chances and a faster winger.

Can never understand why we signed him , he isnt a Pep style of player ,he is bone idle doesnt press the opposition and is so easily knocked off the ball and shows very little determination , he is everything Pep doesnt want in a player. If he was sold tomorrow we wouldnt miss him , we have far better players in his position.

Was a big fish in a small pond at Leicester but hasnt shown enough consistency needed at the very top level.

There's absolutely doubting he has incredible ability and has the best touch of any footballer out there but his end product has only been displayed in flashes, he isnt ruthless enough with his finishing, he's limper than a pensioners d!ck in the tackle and seems to go missing for large periods of a game. There's times when i've seen KDB give him the death stare on numerous occassions in matches. Think he cant stand him... :)

Another player that's had enough of a chance but would happily move on for a replacement next season.

A player who cares far more about his goal compilation videos than his trophy cabinet. Has the talent to get 10G+A a season but he'd rather put all his energy into scoring two or three nice goals a year instead. Bizarre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.